Favorite FX plugins

RenEQ is my go to EQ for everything. I like the NI vintage compressors for drums, bass. Decapitator is dope. Waves S1 and Center can do magic to samples.

i like the VOS, kjaerhus free, camelcrusher and whatever other good free gates, filters, reverbs and delays i can find.

RenEQ is my go to EQ for everything. I like the NI vintage compressors for drums, bass. Decapitator is dope. Waves S1 and Center can do magic to samples.

You have a good taste in plugins. Do you use anything eles by Soundtoys? Anything you would recommend getting or staying away from?

Oh, almost forgot...a good Teletronix LA-2A emulation(just about any of them around these days).

In Reason, the Cakewalk CA-2A is very underrated but sounds great to my ears.

Oh, almost forgot...a good Teletronix LA-2A emulation(just about any of them around these days).

In Reason, the Cakewalk CA-2A is very underrated but sounds great to my ears.

LOVE LA-2A emulations on bass, crank the gain for harmonic goodness. The NI one is my tool of choice. And 1176 emulations, they're basically a fool proof way to get your kicks to knock.

You have a good taste in plugins. Do you use anything eles by Soundtoys? Anything you would recommend getting or staying away from?

I only have Decapitator but have played around with the Echoboy demo and its a really dope delay. That might be a future purchase but I'm pretty happy with Waves H-delay and NI just gave out a free delay that sounds pretty good so I might be set on delays. PanMan is cool but Pancake 2 is free and is great for autopan. Recommendations? Really just vary your plugins. Try not to get plugins that basically emulate the same kind of sound. Every plugin sounds different, try out some demos. I'm a big fan of waves stuff, they're always running sales and have demos available so try some stuff out and wait for it or a bundle to go on sale. pluginboutique.com is always running big sales as well. NEVER PAY FULL PRICE FOR PLUGINS. Don't underestimate free plugins.

Fl's Parametric EQ 2 :)

Also DigitalFishPhones' "Spitfish" is my go to de-esser. I use it for synths to get rid of awful sibilance problems.

Back