Famous Hardware ubder $2oo

M

mkamsi

Famous Hardware under $2oo

hi,
is there any famous or good piece of hardware (like mixing console,compressor etc.) available under 200 dollars ?

Last edited by a moderator:
if it's famous and 2nd hand it is likely to go in the $1000's not under $200

however, some production companies may occasionally sell gear via an auction house website as they upgrade/update their gear - recently ahsd this here in aus where some great gear was listed at ridiculous prices but probably sold for numbers in thousands (I didn't follow the end as it was apparent 4 days out that the prices/bids we were seeing were grossly undervalued for what was being bid on)

Last edited:
if it's famous and 2nd hand it is likely to go in the $1000's not under $200

however, some production companies may occasionally sell gear via an auction house website as they upgrade/update their gear - recently ahsd this here in aus where some great gear was listed at ridiculous prices but probably sold for numbers in thousands (I didn't follow the end as it was apparent 4 days out that the prices/bids we were seeing were grossly undervalued for what was being bid on)

yeah I know, Actually I want to know about some good hardwares but at a low price.

'Famous' is kinda dependant on how much marketing the manufacturer put in on the product and whether said product was well received by the market... And the audio production market is then split into tiers (or separate markets) depending on budget...

Famous and 200 quid/dollars and I'd've thought you'd be looking at lower end pieces, older synths/drum machines and microphones (all of varying degrees of quality - depending on whether you're a fan of the piece of not).

Work out what it is you want... Find pieces within budget... Check reviews before committing...

Last edited:
Maybe all of your cables. You aren't getting any good hardware for under 200 bucks. A good soft synth is like 200 bucks and that is just data.

Maybe a mic or cheap interface or something like that.

Last edited:
You can get a SM58 for $100 - that's definitely famous. Or at least ubiquitous. Also, the good ol' Alesis 3630 - the "Daft Punk compressor" goes for next to nothing...but anyway, trying to find "famous hardware" just because it's cheap is gonna be a pretty ass-backwards way of doing things.

Basically work out what you need and search eBay for it; ie 'compressor' (in pro audio equipment)... When you find one in your price range do a Google search for reviews for it... If you dig the reviews pull the trigger... If it gets panned leave it alone... If you can't find a review maybe take a punt, maybe don't.

Back