Are facebook groups worth it ?

JaySpring

Hey guys, I started not a long time ago, and now I am speding a lot of time on sharing my music etc. I tried Facebook, joined some "share your songs", "EDM" and groups like that. The thing is, I went through the history of the group. Its full of people who just come, post and leave. Its not about that right ? If everyone does this it just doesnt work. If noone would do this, there would be noone to do the feedback, because normal listeners dont usually join those groups, just producers if you know what I mean. So I just want to ask you guys, do you think its worth joining, and spending time on FB groups ? Thank you Peace....

Whats up man.. There are some good groups out there that have the actual people you are looking to target. The best thing that you can possibly do is build your own group. "EDM LOVERS" something along those lines, make sure you are targeting people that love EDM music. Once you have build your own group you will be able to control those fans/subscribers and push that traffic anywhere you want them to go!

I'm a member of a few groups - but I think there's an etiquette to posting content if you want to actually receive views/listens... To be honest I'm as guilty as next man in not following that etiquette - but you have to be part of the conversation within that group and you have to not be 'that dick' who's part of the conversation in that group.
the conversation differs from group to group and its features aren't always as obvious as you'd think.
Spamming a group is the most ineffectual way of getting views though for sure.

Yeah, I actually thought its the most effective, because I saw all the members like 13K + etc.. After i found out how useless it is..

At this point this question is about as relevant as "is the internet worth it" - there's a lot of useless stuff, and there are some gems to be found: groups that are small, intelligent and unified enough to appreciate your contributions and actually get conversations started. Generic *insert popular genre* groups are gonna suck 99,9% of the time.

I'm gonna say about my experience as artist and as an executive for a newly found soundtrack company: FB groups can be both great and useless at the same time. If you actually dwelve into conversations and discussions about what's inside them, you'll be recognized as a "full time" member and therefore you'll get more views replies to your posts there as well.

Of you just "spam" them with your links and ask for feedback, you'll get nothing in return, and you may still be banned depending on the group rules.

So, it all depends on your interaction with people there. It takes time and effort.

So, it all depends on your interaction with people there. It takes time and effort.

this is true of any business venture, heck, in any aspect of life: it takes time to cultivate relationships that are productive/rewarding for both parties

I'm gonna say about my experience as artist and as an executive for a newly found soundtrack company: FB groups can be both great and useless at the same time. If you actually dwelve into conversations and discussions about what's inside them, you'll be recognized as a "full time" member and therefore you'll get more views replies to your posts there as well.

Of you just "spam" them with your links and ask for feedback, you'll get nothing in return, and you may still be banned depending on the group rules.

THIS.

Pretty much applies to most social media platforms on the web. Spamming links gets you no love. But if you somehow join the conversation, and add value people will reciprocate.

Last edited:
I think he lied and I think groups are a waste of time.
To put it simply...
EVERYONE wants to be where FANS (of a thing gather in numbers).
Problems is, they are FANS OF A THING.
Which means that THING has fans, which means it is established enough to garner/generate/attract FANS.

ANYTHING that is not established is SPAM and a bother.
In this case FANS/LOVERS/Enthusiasts OF EDM are FANS of POPULAR EDM.
They do NOT care about un-known person peddling their NEW(unknown, unpopular) music.

Even if YOU ARE INCREDIBLE and SUPER_TALENTED --um, greatness..etc...you will be followed by the mediocre and average who will soon empty the place out.
The same effect happens here.

If rapper-X shows up here asking for beats- suddenly everyone becomes a Grammy-award winning producer and the rapper has to have a deal and a budget before he can entertain working with a guy who is leasing beatz for .99

Same for when beat-makerz venture onto the rap forums to sell or promote themselves. They treat you like garbage.
All because you are unknown. People don't rally in numbers to discover. They amass to celebrate what they know.

No such thing as an open mic concert.

So yeah, 99.9% of groups are a waste. Not even you (and everyone else) really wants to participate in any group.
You want to join, drop a link, disappear and have magic traffic/love/fans/buyers follow you ...just because.

No place like that exists. You have to earn your attention.

Back