Is it ever to late to start producing?

BeatBassBanger

Probably a stupid question, but i'm 29.....and just getting started is it to late? I'm not going to lie I am trying to sell beats when I get good at it and make some sort of money off of it.

I started about 2 years ago, and I'm 31 now. So basically I started at the same age as you.

naw thats a good age ur still young fam u just have to practice alot more to catch up with others but youll be good if u put alot of sleepless nights 'trust been on it since 2004 if u really want it its not going to be easy 'just be persistant iff u want to succeed

Reason and s1 are favorites imo but you do not need it and it isn't "better" at all.
All daws have the same features with a different design to them.
fl studio has drumaxx
reason has kong[fav imo]
logic has ultrabeat
and then there's 3rd party battery.

I'm 35 and been involved in music production on & off since I was 15 messing with 4-Track cassette... Used to record bands (not just my own) on an Akai DPS12i.
Been beatmaking just short of 3 years now and I get better every month or so (used to be week by week improvement... Guess I'm levelling a little...)
It's only in the last month or two that I feel I've made steps toward being a 'Producer' rather than a 'BeatMaker' though.
i miss working as part of a group (I was in bands from 13). Doing on your own thing gives you a real chance to thoroughly express yourself in a way that you can't do as part of a collaborative process but I do want to work with Emcees that have actual stories to tell. This is becoming increasingly what I'd refer to as a 'need'.

I've no intention of selling beats though... I want to make tracks, albums and eventually play live (although I need to work out a set-up for this endeavour...) shows with a (maybe a couple of) rapper/emcee.

i ramble... No. You ain't late kidder!

Someone told me to switch to reason much better then fl studio

Did that someone say anything about why Reason would be better? People are often eager to suggest whatever they use, for whatever reasons (most likely to reinforce their own crumbling ego). Reason is different, not necessarily better. Although you can just find out yourself - download the trial version and try it.

Oh, good. Let's turn this thread into another "What is the best daw" thread.

Yeah, let's not. I just like to point out "advice" based on...nothing :) It may seem tempting to change the software because your inexperience makes whatever you're currently using frustrating, but basically all the major DAWs are capable enough, so it's just a matter of preference.

I am 25 and I don't think so. I am barely starting and you probably know more than me. It's not like you are going to die tomorrow. You have 50 years to make it work for you. Good luck

Not really an age limit. 19 years on the planet myself. Started back in 2010. Every day you'll learn something, so just do what you do.
Also, mess with the stuff in the programs as much as possible. Experiment on the most random things and just-well you get the point.
Read manuals, learn basics of software you plan on using and hardware.

I'd say its never too late man, just go for it. Try to make some contacts and post your tracks on Soundcloud and producer.fm

Back