Escape from the machine

ThaRightwrong

ThaRightWrong
Posted here from time to time. Up semi-late (Cali time) trying to put some melodies and basslines together, though I've closed my DAW down (nothing is hitting me right now)

But as I've been at strictly beat making for a year and some change I'm questioning what's the point for me or like minded beatmakers (I don't consider myself a "producer" at this point) I love this hip hop stuff to the death but like some others I don't wanna make the 3B stuff (Bass,Brass,Bells) or Trap as its called lol. Listened To everything from Celph titled to Mr Lif to Planet Asia to Ras kass to Vakill to some Brotherhood (UK)

What are some of your thoughts on making that dope beat, that clean sample flip for a rapper and you know it's not going anywhere but you would get accolades from those tracks, because basically it's seeming to BLOW you just need to play that 2bar-one handed piano loop, snaps not snares and that "Hey, Hey" chant

Thousand beatmakers out here, a major artist's
Album (which I wouldn't buy) has 11 different dudes doing the tracks
I'm lost I guess lol

What's up FP!!? Lets get a discussion going, Teach DJ Mustard/young chop style or not?

And as a accompaniment to the topic concerning lyrics, is it more pleasing to the masses to just record "sing along" lyrics at this stage 2014. No room for canibus, K-rino, Pharoahe monch type tracks in the mainstream?

Make you want to make. No rule that says you can't do more than one type of music either.

These thought are all because we are brainwashed. If any part of these kinds of threads make sense to you, then admit now that you are brainwashed.
Me, I am only brain soaking - where SOMETIMES I forget how the world really works and how much room there actually is.

Most of you/us look at the world, see 15 rap acts dominate the scene/radio/video/industry and then think "If you aint one of those, you don't count"
Meanwhile, in realty, there are a TON of rap acts/artists making their way, performing, going on tours, making money and doing just fine.

BUT YOU - can't see past the top [insert number <usually 40>] and assume that's all that's important.
So unless you are going to be the next super-produca-legend-in-the-making, music aint really worth doing or taking seriously.

It's either Platinum or Nothing.
Either I sell a beat for $10,000 or I aint really doing this.

We waiting for someone to come along and make our dreams come true, instead of living in the world of reality and putting in work to prorgress ONE STEP at a time.
We all want to be given a chance instead going out and getting what you need.

Yeah, total tangent and yep, injection of reflection, but why not?

Back