Enough Hardware?

Regenumgekehrt

Hello dear Community!
Is a Native instruments Machine Studio hardware enough to make genious beats like Dr. Dre? Or do I need audio interfaces and more equipment?

If you're wanting to sample from any external source (turntable etc) then you'll need an interface.
If you're e-digging then you can get away without.
But when you want a pair of decent monitors; or to run a hardware synth, drum machine, record vox - you'll need an interface.

To be honest - just get one.

ya, an interface is really useful. I use it everyday, haha. You'll expand (hopefully) and you'll start to accumulate hardware that you'll need to record through an audio interface. I know the feeling tho, I started with just a laptop...and now I have 2 laptops, and audio interface, a CDJ, an Akai MPD26, a midi keyboard, an analog keyboard, a trumpet, 2 microphones, studio monitors, 2 12-inch stacks, 1 12-inch half stack, and an iPad with a ton of production effects and apps.

I'm not trying to brag. I'm just saying that if you're serious about making music, you'll start to accumulate a ton of shit. The only way to connect everything to record is with an audio interface. ;) :D

Back