drivers... driving me crazy...

Will_Bender

I dont know if there is a way to resolve this issue with driver conflicts, but I'm going to give it a shot...

I use Win8.1 with a range of different sound programs ranging from FLS to Sibelius to Audacity to MuseScore to stuff like Flash Player and other media players...

Some of these devices seem to play nicely with others, while some completely take over either recording or playback features when run...

In this case, I am talking Sibelius6 and FLStudio10... I'd like to be able to write and listen in Sibelius, export and playback in FLS without having to close Sibelius to playback in FLS only to reopen Sibelius when I want to make an edit (which is a frequent occurrence)... The advantage is that each has some features the other doesnt, but the drawback is that I dont know if there is a feasible way to use both programs at the same time...

Is it possible to to this?

Thanks,

WB

not really: it is the underlying audio framework that M$ has in place

- until they change that, the problems will remain

- asio drivers for your audio card (if not the built-in card on your mobo/laptop) may ameliorate this but asio4all (the only reasonable asio driver for mobo sound cards) has a sketchy track record in this area.....

Back