Down side to my proud daddy moment!

binrotn

My youngest two daughters (14 & 13) decided they want to be a group, and produce their own music. Proud daddy moment! I gave them the FL program; that I bought and hated, and they've been at it since. Now they wanna use my gear...HELL NO! Does anyone know anything about the BKE Beat Thang, because that's what they've asked for. I've seen a few videos but that's about all. Basically will it work well with FL and the midi controller they're working with. Trying really hard to keep them away from my workstation. My biggest fear is if/when they lose interest am I stuck with a piece of hardware that sucks?

Your daughters asked for a Beatthang? DAMN! They bossin' up on ol' Pops, LOL!
Good thing you're getting them off to a good start. I got an idea though, get 'em instrument lessons for a awhile, that should keep them preoccupied.

The elder plays violin and the younger takes piano lessons in an after school program. I honestly think that is what got them interested in what I disappear into my man cave to do for hours. Bossin' up is right....that is what I get for leaving musician's friend, prosound, etc. laying around. They sent the youtube video to my phone while I was at work. lol

LOL, I remember them old ProSound catalogs from back in my beginner days ('99). Props to you for getting them started in music EARLY!
As for the BKE Beatthang, I've seen some demos, but nobody seems to be talking about it that I know personally.

The Beat Thang is a bad joke.
If they already have a midi controller why not just get them an MPD or The MPC Studio?
Something they can use and actually have fun using.Hell,if you plan on getting the Beat Thang you might as well go with the ASR.

Peace

I made a thread about beat thang but cant seem to find it...

Npobody had anything good to say about it...
I would get them a midi keyboard with pads and let them go at it...
Explain to them that beat thang is a toy and just looks cool but if you really want to learn to program then fl is the board will help you learn in the long run....

You kno make it sound good... almost challenge them to see if they can do it... that way it will be fun n they will forget about
beat thang

Thanx for the input. I didn't think the Beat Thang would be a good idea, especially sense I've heard no one mention it....ever! I believe they made their decision base on it's looks too Spaceman_Ant. Yeah looks like they'll just be getting a new midi controller with pads.

Back