Does anybody use a track recorder along with their computer if so CLICK HERE!!

NOTE:Serious Inquires Please!!

I love my computer but I just don't won't to use it for recording I'd rather have the VS-1680 to record and then transfer everything to the computer and make changes and then burn to a cd. If I wanted to do this then I would have to upgrade my soundcard so then What would be the best way to transfer?(e.g. digital outs or line out)

I may not be the only one in this situation thats why I'm looking for other's opinions. I've been to a studio before where a man had the Roland VS-2000 or something similar and he did all the recording in their and then recorded it into the computer. Thats what I want to do. B/C computers have a tendecy of freezing up alot and I ain't with that and also I can take my track recorder along with me instead of taking my PC.

Well let me know what you think even if you don't have the VS series but use another recorder with your computer.

I need your opinions badly before I think about purchasing the VS-1680. I've done alot of research on it and its what I want. I even read the manual for it and I don't own it yet. But I just need some confidence that what I'm wanting to do want haunt me in the long run.

Thanks,
missdjcoley-cole

From what I alrady told you in a PM the roland hardisk recorders are ill, you can track out and put your work on a CPU from them. You can directly connect to them, but you can track out your work on CD and put it on the CPU. I don't think you will have to upgrade your sound card it you burn your multitrack to CD then open up whatever program you use. I don't know if I'm answering your questions the way you want me to, but the roland is a good purchase, just make sure to get the effects cards.

I track on my Yamaha AW2816 and on the computer. It really depends on how I'm feelin at the time. Because right now, I'm a little more comfortable with recording on my Yamaha. Then transfering tracks over to Cubase. But the way I have it hooked up, I could either record on the Yamaha or on the computer thru my SPDIF cables. In a way, I use my Yamaha as the front end to my computer thru my soundcard.

do not get the vs1680 or the vs1880 you can not export in a format that your computer reads. The 1680 and the 1880 have a proprietary format. Look 4 the vs2000. This model and higher can export tracks in a wav format.

Last edited:
malice930 said:
do not get the vs1680 or the vs1880 you can not export in a format that your computer reads. The 1680 and the 1880 have a proprietary format. Look 4 the vs2000. This model and higher can export tracks in a wav format.

Yeah I had to figure that out the hard way. I'm looking at purchasing the VS-1824CD or 2000 which ever I can get a deal on first.

Thanks though.

Back