Do you upload beats to youtube?

the.boy

Yo

I'm a hiphop producer, I produce beats and sell them online. I have a large following on Instagram and twitter and making some nice sales. But I see all these producers uploading their beats to Youtube and be getting 10k+ views in a couple days, hundreds of likes and comments, etc. I have been working hard on creating some beat videos, I have original videos, all tagged well, good branding etc. But im only hitting about 20 views. If you upload beats to youtube and have some success with it, would very much appreciate any advice.

Yo

I'm a hiphop producer, I produce beats and sell them online. I have a large following on Instagram and twitter and making some nice sales. But I see all these producers uploading their beats to Youtube and be getting 10k+ views in a couple days, hundreds of likes and comments, etc. I have been working hard on creating some beat videos, I have original videos, all tagged well, good branding etc. But im only hitting about 20 views. If you upload beats to youtube and have some success with it, would very much appreciate any advice.

Majority of channels use either a peer to peer sharing company, where you get can a lot of subscribers and likes..
You can also pay fro subscribers, likes and comments....
If you're looking to make money off of your channel everything I just mentioned won't work because Youtube keeps record of the time your videos were actually played.

Been thinking the exact same for some time now... i've uploaded one beat to youtube but not really done anything to promote it or whatever. I keep thinking it looks like the way forward, many producers and MCs seem to favour youtube over soundcloud.

I just use Youtube for posting tutorials. I just started them about 2 months ago and they're doing really good so far (5,000+ views). I post my music and beats on soundcloud. I think Soundcloud kinda stole that audience (for music listening).Youtube used to have a huge music listening audience, but more specific sites for music are pulling those now. It's still there, but I don't think it's as big as it was 5 years ago. ...but tutorials do really well on youtube.

Last edited:
I'm actually gonna start doing it more. I think it has a huge potential audience. A more casual one, yeah.. but nothing wrong with casual. Plus my background is really in video, graphics and that kinda stuff so you'd figured it would be my natural home.
I really need to combine that more.

^ ya, if you have the visuals for the youtube beats, of course go for it. Thats a really cool combination.

If you wanna make living rom youtube you need to have some big ass community . First of all you need to reach 1k subscribers to get money for your views otherise you will be getting money from ads which kinda sucks and doesnt pay off that much,

Majority of channels use either a peer to peer sharing company, where you get can a lot of subscribers and likes..
You can also pay fro subscribers, likes and comments....
If you're looking to make money off of your channel everything I just mentioned won't work because Youtube keeps record of the time your videos were actually played.
Peer to peer sharing companies can indeed increase subscribers and likes. But I don't think it's legit to pay for views, subscribers, likes and comments from third party providers. They usually advertise them as "High retention views" and can increase the visibility of your videos but only temporarily. YT has mechanisms for detecting such techniques and your video or channel can be banned. Just use good old and proven methods for advertising your channel. I also think it matters which country you uploaded the video from.

I'm a hiphop producer, I produce beats and sell them online. I have a large following on Instagram and twitter and making some nice sales.

So why do you want to post videos on YouTube? If you are already making nice sales, YouTube would be a waste of time. Are you chasing fame or fortune?

Back