Do i send a single wav file or fully tracked out beat when getting a feature verse?

Royalp

I plan on buying a verse/feature from a popular rapper. and im just wondering do I send him the beat fully tracked out or just one wav or mp3 file.... Also, when rappers do verses for other people do they mix it in their own studio will they send the whole vocal session for me to mix their vocals?

Whatever you want, man. For me, I send a mp3 and ask to be sent back their vocal session files for me to mix. There's no wrong answer tho.

I'd find it extremely weird if I was asked to sing on a song and that it actually meant that I'll be mixing it too.

I'd find it extremely weird if I was asked to sing on a song and that it actually meant that I'll be mixing it too.

Yeah, no doubt... I was planning on having my engineer mix it... I just never dealt with "Professional" rappers before Just was wondering if maybe artist liked to mix their own vocals so that they can ensure the quality would sound good cuz theyre in fear of having a poorly mixed verse that might hurt their brand

homeboy is rapping on your beat. you're both already past the fear of hurting either of your brands.

Last edited:
Back