Cubase PROBLEMS! .WAV import into Cubase problem!

AudioFreak2015

I made a beat in FL Studio and when i played it on Windows Media Player no instruments were clashing. Then i tried importing it .wav into Cubase and my instruments are clashing with the synths and 808s and unheard frequencies.

Couple things.

Could it be that Cubase is slightly stretching your track because it guessed what bpm?
When you say import into Cubase you mean a single .wav track or all channels in the FL mixer bounced to audio and then imported in to Cubase?
Is your Cubase project samplerate matching your .wav?

Also were you using ASIO drivers? Those will sound different depending on what onboard soundcard you have.

I was using my ASIO drivers in FL Studio, i've tried EVERYTHING. Different settings when exporting, I've put in my beat as a single .wav file into Cubase and set the tempo to the correct beat.

What exactly do you mean by "clashing" ? And what exactly does something "clashing" with "unheard" frequencies mean?

There shouldn't really be any difference to the .wav file in Cubase if you simply load it up on a track without any effects in the chain what so ever. The .wav file is the same as it was when you exported it. Importing to cubase is just like moving it from one place to another, unless it needs to convert to correct sample and bit rates on the way in.

audio examples would be useful, but project sample rate and bit depth may well be the culprits i.e. do not allow cubase to convert sample rate and bit depth when importing the audio as a first test of the problems

your export settings for fl should be to wav, 44.1 or 88.2 or 48 or 96 or 192 depending on what your soundcard will process and go for 24 bit bit depth regardless (I've found that with some programs using their proprietary 32 bit format can be problematic

on the asio note by thareaper: never heard that as an issue as such; asio drivers are for your external cards and aiso4all for your internal on the mobo soundcard

I will upload the 2 examples so you guys can listen. I've been making beats for a while but never got the music vocabulary in terms of sample rates and things like that. When you guys listen, maybe you can point out what i'm doing wrong and what it's called?

on the asio note by thareaper: never heard that as an issue as such; asio drivers are for your external cards and aiso4all for your internal on the mobo soundcard

Thats what I meant. Should've been more descriptive. After I thought about it and he didn't mention in the first post if he was using his motherboard, PCI, USB or FW. I was just throwing questions out to get info kind of sounded like I assumed he did.

Also to go further into what I was saying is that if you use your onboard motherboard card sometimes the driver installs a control panel with enhancements...eq, reverb, limiting. When you use asio4all those enhancements are off when the driver is wrapped. Something like this for example
realtek.jpg

I remember once my onboard cpl had a option to basically limit/compress and it took me months to figure out why my stuff sounded night and day. Looking at that picture again it was loudness equalization that im describing.

Last edited:
What exactly do you mean by "clashing" ? And what exactly does something "clashing" with "unheard" frequencies mean?

There shouldn't really be any difference to the .wav file in Cubase if you simply load it up on a track without any effects in the chain what so ever. The .wav file is the same as it was when you exported it. Importing to cubase is just like moving it from one place to another, unless it needs to convert to correct sample and bit rates on the way in.

Excuse me i meant, when i listen to my beat in Windows Media Player everything is leveled and the frequencies of my instruments don't clash. Then when i import the .WAV beat into Cubase, there are clashing frequencies between my synths and drum!

I tried to do a null test on it and nothing canceled out. You can see that the waveforms are slightly different. While I don't know the original sample-rate/bits and still with soundcloud's own conversion I grabbed them at 48khz, 32 bit float.
nwehrOQ.png

No I'm not saying you did anything wrong. A null test is a way of hearing if your audio files have differences. It kind of leans off topic but basically this is what I tried doing.

Back