Cubase - No valid asio driver

wreckd

I'm trying to use my mbox with cubase, which i've done before. I formatted and it hasn't worked since. I've tried the digidesign asio 7 drivers and the older 6.11. I've also tried asio4all. I just keep getting no valid asio driver appearing in the device setup window.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
i use the one from the digidesign site, worked fine for me, what version of PT are u using cause i remember there is something on the site about that, cause there are a couple of different drivers that work with different versions of PT

I haven't got PT installed at the moment cos i'm trying to learn to use cubase.

The drivers from the digidesign site worked last time, but for some reason after the format its just not recognising i've installed the asio drivers.

The wierd thing is i have 2 computers, 1 for music and one for media/net. Cubase/mbox doesn't work on the mus pc right now but it works on the net pc which makes me think somehow either the winblows installation has corrupted or there is a virus of some kind. I can't think of any other reason it would work on one and not the other.

Check to make sure you have selected the proper driver within Cubase.

If the proper driver is install uninstall the driver and re-install it again then choose it within Cubase. Cubase should be closed whenever installing or uninstalling drivers.

Thanks for the reply sleepy. It is inside the cubase's device setup menu where i get the msg no valid asio driver. I'm holding off formatting cos i really can't be bothered, but i've re-installed several different drivers and reinstalled cubase quite a number of times, maybes its just one of those things.

Are there any other drivers that look like they could be ASIO drivers? Also, make sure the mbox is plugged in, powered, and working properly before even openning Cubase or else the driver won't be loaded properly.

Back