Cubase can't recognise vsts

Bippo

Hello everyome.

I've got several vsts, but unfortunately my daw won't recognise it.
I have FL Studio and Cubase, while FL recognise all of them, cubase recognise only half.
All my vsts are located in the same folder (C:VST) and before you ask me to make sure I defined the correct destination in cubase, I did that, and still half of my vsts won't show up in Cubase.

I need help ASAP!!

in my experience you also need to set the common folder where individual applications/vsts drop their dlls

programs -> common files -> software brand name -> *.dll

I have at last count 6 different folders that contain my various vsts including a few I have created for myself

I've got vsts of 32bit and 64 bit. My fl studio is 11 and cubase 5. I have no idea if the cubase is 32bit or 64bit, I'm really new about recording so I've got no clue lol.
But yes, of course I've used the location setting in both programs, but only fl studio recognise all of the vsts while cubase only half

Im not sure myself, only version of cubase I tried was cubase 5 ironically before settling on reason/studio one during that whole phase.
Maybe there's a setting, has to be a setting in cubase for that somewhere dude lol. Although maybe cubase handle certain plugins differently?
Not sure what to tell ya man, there's prolly a tube tut somewhere for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds to me like it might be the bit versions of your daw and plugins that do not match.

Last edited:
I just realized that dude didn't mention which folders he used, is this dude using program files or program files x86 I mean dam, gotta be specific

actually he did C:\VSTS

however you are right in that he should also be scanning both the program and program x86 folders to find any additional vst dll's - best to be more specific than that though (i.e. manufacturer named folders in common files as well as on their own) as the scan will load any old dll including graphics processing ones

Well if that the case I can only think of 2 things:
Cubase might not be the same bit as the vsts or cubase might be picky about folders?
Since he said he use fl studio 11, probably 32bit but I do remember imageline letting fl studio do 64bit plugins so that prolly why he confused.

Only thing I can suggest to the fella is just install a 64bit cubase and a bitbridge

Newer versions of Cubase has its own bridge function. Also I don't think Cubase 5 ever came in a 64 bit version. Why someone would stick to a 6 year old version is beyond me but I have my suspicions.

Last edited:
careful there I have a legitimate copy of 5 and use it as I do not need current functionality

Back