This is cliffgoat, aka The Boy KP Straight from the LV

cliffgoat

Hey everybody, my name is cliffgoat, aka, the Boy KP Straight from the LV, and I reside in Austin, Texas. I'm not really new to the audio producing game, however I am new at taking this craft a lot more seriously than I have in recent years. My goal is to eventually perform in small clubs around the city, but first I'm trying to get the basics of audio production down outside of composing and music theory. I have over a decade of classical music experience as I played French horn in junior high, high school, and junior college (but, I'm not a music major). I'm trying to learn piano, but I want to spend the majority of my time at the DAW. My DAW of choice is Ableton Live and I currently use an Alesis V25 MIDI keyboard which is absolutely great for my audio production needs.

I'm a Dallas pro sports fan and a fighting Texas Aggie :D, and I work in IT at a video game company in town.
I am a big fan of the Metroid Prime series, Mega Man and Mega Man X series, and Zelda. Funny enough I don't own any video game consoles outside of the Wii U, SNES and NES Classics. Oh, and my 5 remaining games on my Steam profile (GTA 5, Rocket League, PUBG, CSGO, and Skyrim).
^^^Funny story: I used to own over 100 games on Steam. I went through and removed nearly every game from my Steam library to prove once and for all that I'm seriously moving from video games to audio production to feed my inner nerd in my spare time! Ha

Before writing this, I just now finished an arrangement of Metal Man for Mega Man 2 on the NES, so I'll post it on the appropriate forum to get feedback from you guys!

If you have any questions, feel free to respond. I have a lot of reading to do on these forums as there's a lot of amazing resources here. Catch you guys around.

Welcome and know that piano is one of the best instruments to learn regarding music production.

Back