Can't take some artists seriously

Alex Got Beats

Blessed & Cursed
Hi, for producers who been marketing themselves and making sales. Are you as bummed as me everytime someone comes around e-mailing you wanting the exclusive rights for 1 of your beats, you guide them through your licence policy and when it comes to paying it never happens. This isn't my first time and has happened multiple times. Artists that come to me they already know how much i charge they're aware of the cost but they still expect they'll trick me and think i'll send the untagged beat before they have to pay like i can tell you're making me go through all this process just to see if that happens, once you gotta pay you run off lol. And to see some artists even being against tagged beats and only want producers to send em without tags for consideration is completely unacceptable to me and should be to every producer if you want to stay protected. I honestly can't take some artists serious. I love working with genuine people who respect the value it's all good those are the artists that got my hands down but some just waste my time majorly.

I know i'm ranting right now but my point is, music will never die and there will always be new artists who will be looking for beats. And for producers to be respected you have to value your own work and protect it. Tag your beats as much as you want for display. Don't send anything before you get paid. You can't go to a store and get whatever you want and say you'll pay next week but you're hungry right now, same with beats. I feel like some producers don't know how easy it is for an artist to steal your beat and you will never know and thats what lets them treat producers like that.

Hardly a surprise you're experiencing this, after all, it's people we are talking about here.

But it's not their fault, they just aren't capable of knowing any better.

People are not producers, artists, presidents and farmers. People are people, and people are idiots.

Last edited:
Yeah i also don't have patience when it comes to business and marketing side. Kinda see why its worth having a manager to lift that pressure off shoulders and just focus on creating.

It's because everyone's broke or in debt and it's getting harder and harder to come up, so nobody wants to pay for anything.

Last edited:
Hi, for producers who been marketing themselves and making sales. Are you as bummed as me everytime someone comes around e-mailing you wanting the exclusive rights for 1 of your beats, you guide them through your licence policy and when it comes to paying it never happens. This isn't my first time and has happened multiple times. Artists that come to me they already know how much i charge they're aware of the cost but they still expect they'll trick me and think i'll send the untagged beat before they have to pay like i can tell you're making me go through all this process just to see if that happens, once you gotta pay you run off lol. And to see some artists even being against tagged beats and only want producers to send em without tags for consideration is completely unacceptable to me and should be to every producer if you want to stay protected. I honestly can't take some artists serious. I love working with genuine people who respect the value it's all good those are the artists that got my hands down but some just waste my time majorly.

I know i'm ranting right now but my point is, music will never die and there will always be new artists who will be looking for beats. And for producers to be respected you have to value your own work and protect it. Tag your beats as much as you want for display. Don't send anything before you get paid. You can't go to a store and get whatever you want and say you'll pay next week but you're hungry right now, same with beats. I feel like some producers don't know how easy it is for an artist to steal your beat and you will never know and thats what lets them treat producers like that.

If someone wants to buy an exclusive beat, you shouldn't be so excited to give it to them.
They're basically asking to take a potential money-making asset off of your hands.

-Ki
Salem Beats

If someone wants to buy an exclusive beat, you shouldn't be so excited to give it to them.
They're basically asking to take a potential money-making asset off of your hands.

-Ki
Salem Beats

Exactly and i never do its just some people really know how to waste time expecting stuff for free. Artists that make sales off their songs they can make $500 off 1 song from 1 show. Its mostly the artists that don't make much sales and don't even want to afford a lease that go hunting for quality producers expecting stuff for free.

Last edited:
Back