Can you run LOGIC PRO X on a PC?

MiguelTym

I'm thinking of trading my MACBOOK for a PC, can i still run Logic Pro X on a PC

If not, is it worth it when i have to completely switch to FL Studio? Ive bought it but haven't been experienced yet.

Last edited:
That my friend is entirely up to you to decide. I can't possibly tell you if you think it's going to be worth it or not. I've always wanted to try logic, but could never justify getting a mac for that reason alone.

You need to try FL out and see for yourself, there's supposed to be a way to use FL on your Mac but I don't know anything about it so I won't be of any use to you in that sense.

If you're having doubts because you believe FL studio may be inferior to logic, I wouldn't worry, you can do most if not all that you are doing in logic in FL studio as well, and then some.

Last edited:
Nah thats the whole reason Apples Plugins are so cheap and their computers are so expensive. You need to buy their machine to use their cheaper plugins haha.

You can't run Logic Pro X on a PC (to answer your question). But, there are many DAWs you can choose from that are pretty good alternatives. The DAW ultimately depends on how comfortable you feel with it (e.g. I tried Ableton, Garageband, Logic Pro 9 & X and FL Studio... I don't know how to make a single sound or let alone hear one on ableton, FL Studio is confusing to me.. I get along better with Garageband and Logic Pro, but that's just me)

...and to the guy that says "Apple plugins are so cheap and computers are so expensive". You're kinda true in the sense that Apple sells software for cheap to nothing, while their devices are expensive. You gotta remember, Apple's job is to sell devices, but just because they sell software for cheap doesn't mean it's inferior in anyway.

Apple used to sell Logic Pro for $500-$1000 (I remember) and that did not include Apple's expansion packs (which is now free with Logic Pro X and Garageband and in higher quality... you can literally make music out the box without purchasing additional plugins.. except their orchestra is decent, but good for being out the box in a DAW)

I've had my mac around for around 4 years, and I'll just tell you again... cheap software, when it comes to Apple, does not mean inferior. I've used both Macs and PCs and PERSONALLY, I prefer Macs by a long shot.

Of course, this is my OWN PERSONAL opinion.

Make a decision that's right for you.

You must install mac os x to run logic. You could try to use Virtual Machine software like Virtual Box:
I can't post links since I don't have 5 posts yet, but search: "virtual machine mac os x on windows" on Google.
But, it would run too slow, so it's better to buy a mac or use something else. there's plenty of good DAWs for Windows: Ableton Live, Cubase, FL Studio, Reason...

Back