can you mix in fl studio?

K

kleve

anyone here who uses fl studio do you mix your beat in fl? im wondering it because every time i try to mix a beat when i export the beat all the levels go wrong.so if you mix in fl how you do it?

use the mixer...you can add effects to each channel or the master channel

have u read the manual?

if you have...it might be a problem with your sound card or maybe your levels are clipping and for some reason u cant hear it when u playback on FL. Mine works fine though...one complaint is that the sound seems more coloured when played in FL then flatter when u export it to mp3.

yes, you can mix in it, get you some good plugin and go to work...i use a few of the effects in FL but for the most part i use other effects, such as waves, etc.

it just takes time, but it can be done

soundcards are a big issue in FL. i had been using my pc's motherboard one and the exported sound was always horrible and levels were like 10 db's quieter.. then i just picked up a cheap $20 sound blaster one at best buy (i was desperate and low on cash) and the sound quality stayed the same as it was in FL but i still had to turn up the master volume about 5 or 10% to get it at the commercial level

I do all my mixin in FL and I think they come out pretty decent considering there just the default plug-ins

~IIWII~

soundcards are a big issue in FL. i had been using my pc's motherboard one and the exported sound was always horrible and levels were like 10 db's quieter.. then i just picked up a cheap $20 sound blaster one at best buy (i was desperate and low on cash) and the sound quality stayed the same as it was in FL but i still had to turn up the master volume about 5 or 10% to get it at the commercial level

Yes.. Ive got the same problem...
So what can I/we do?
Is there no way to fix it?

Wow, 2005.

What exactly is your problem, Rowki? If you use the decibel meter, you can produce commerce loudness levels as easy as pie. Is your soundcard ASIO equipped?

or you guys can save up some money and buy an external soundcard :)
yes you can mix in fl studio, there are plenty of free vst plugins on the net!

O.k. check me out. When you make a beat you need to add compression over the entire track before you start mixing. If you have the waves plugins which you CAN use in fl studio, I suggest you use the LinMB. Set to the default Adaptive Muiti Electro. Switch the makeup to AUTO and turn on the DITHER. Set the master down to (minus) -2.4. Again start from the bottom of your mix and work your way up. Drum and bass first. Make sure the levels are even. Put a fruity compressor every Instrument. Touch nothing but the gain. A hint start with alot of compression on the kick and work from there. Try between 8 and 15 plus on the gain. Trust me. Hit me on www.twitter.com/dirtyscope and I'll tell you how to pan to make it more realistic.

I did some great mixes in FL using only the built in plugins ...To get it loud I used waves but that isn't necessary for a good MIX

You can mix in any DAW.
Talking about the final mixes, the reason why the mixes sound quieter when you play them after exporting to wav or mp3 is that most FL users use Asio (hardware or software) in FL, but when you play the track outside FL, asio is not used.

Back