can you mix in fl studio?

I think FL is great : usually what i do is I add some reverb 2, delay, i eq my drums, overall compression...

anyway to me you don't need very sophisticated vst's to mix a song.

It is definitely possible to mix AND master in FL. For the basic mixdown you could just add the default FL multiband compressor to the master bus and tinker around a bit till it sounds halfway decent.

For the real deal:
Step 1. Mix your track to a bit lower than commercial levels. It sounds contradictory but I've found when mastering a track that's already at commercial levels the compression tends to cause louder instruments to butcher the softer ones.
Step 2. Export this track as a lossless file .wav and then open up a new project and insert your track as a sample.
Step 3. Put your mixing/mastering effects on your master bus. I suppose the default multiband would be acceptable but I use Isotope 4 and a few other saturators and noise reducs.

i do.. and if i cant get it to sound good on fl mixer, ill export out and mix it in pro teezly (pro tools)

anyone here who uses fl studio do you mix your beat in fl? im wondering it because every time i try to mix a beat when i export the beat all the levels go wrong.so if you mix in fl how you do it?

You can...but with the right plugins ;).

and i aint talking bout stock shit

When you export your beat's from FL STUDIO, export them as a wave file. Then using a file converter program which you can find anywhere for free, convert your beats back to mp3! hope I helped!

Yes you can. I'm using FL with an external audio interface and i haven't had any problems.

Back