Can I be apart of this community? :D

Ramjamsam

Hey everyone! I stumbled across this site in search of other producers friends!

My name is Sam, I'm from Edmonton, Alberta. I recently got ableton and have been climbing the steep educational mountain of production for about 8 months.
I am inspired by artists such as Opiuo, Stickybuds, Shade k, Vibesquad, MIAU, and many other Glitch-hop, Breakbeat, and DnB artists.

I post my music to Soundcloud, and YouTube. I cant post links yet as But if you feel inspired to look me up, I am RamjamSam

Thank you and I hope to meet some more like-minded individuals to share music knowledge with! :cool:

Welcome and do you play an instrument or instruments and what inspired you to learn production and what is/are your goal(s)?

I was never fortunate to own instruments :( though I can play guitar, and piano. When I grew up I used anything I could as an instrument, friends of mine had drum kits, guitars, keyboards etc. and i would visit and they would teach me. In 2009, I got into mixing ( I would play with virtual dj on my computer for hours, and mixing on my friend's techincs once in a while). 2 years ago, I met and joined a local collective in my city with whom we throw electronic music events at which I play.

I am inspired by the individuality that comes with music. With my music I feel that I can create "My own taste in music". I guess making something that i really want to hear haha, and I love when things challenge my brain and producing does that.

Goals, I want to make all the music, I want to collaborate with artists of different genres, creating a diverse musical experience.

I cant imagine how hard it would be to fit into the music production community in 2018. I dont think forums are the way to go anymore though. You really missed out on when this place was a true gem. To me FP fell off around 2011ish. YouTube used to be a great avenue also but its super saturated now also as is twitter. Man I just dont know. I know a lot of ppl from the forum communities are in Facebook groups

I cant imagine how hard it would be to fit into the music production community in 2018. I dont think forums are the way to go anymore though. You really missed out on when this place was a true gem. To me FP fell off around 2011ish. YouTube used to be a great avenue also but its super saturated now also as is twitter. Man I just dont know. I know a lot of ppl from the forum communities are in Facebook groups

The best :)

Back