Can a Cubase metronome be recorded as an audio file?

C

colinio

hi

We've just finished recording backing tracks on cubase and I'm hoping to give the recordings to our drummer to practice with. problem is he obviously needs a click to do this and i haven't yet discovered a way of expotring the files as an mp3 which includes the sound of the metronome. any ideas?

cheers

colin

Couple ways I can think of off hand...first, set up metronome as usual...then set your soundcard to record "what it hears" record the metronome to a track in cubase...now it will mix down...

it that doesn't work (I don't think all soundcards can do this easily), then you can manufacture a click track...open a drumsynth in cubase (one of the stock ones is fine)...

Sequence quarter, eights, or sixtenth...record that midi info to an audio track...you can make a 4 bar loop...copy and paste it throughout the song (should take only a few minutes)

The point is, you must convert the click track to audio...I just provided two ways to do it...you may think of another way or a better way using your system to do it...once it's an audio track it mixes just like all your others...hope this gives you some ideas

Last edited:
I think the metronome sound is a regular wav file (or two), but it's probably not directly renderable.

Back