Calling All Producers and Engineers

rbsyung_wuan

For the Producers i know it takes time making beats and a lot of dedicated I'm a rap artist trying to learn how to make beats to be more versatile the software i'm going to use is garageband i would like to know what's the basic of making beats thanks in advance

For my audio engineers i would like to know how do i mix and master my songs i make i use garageband to make my music with blue snowball usb mic i would like to know how and where to start to mix and master.

IM asking for tips and advice from all experienced producers and engineers so i can become better and more versatile thank you.

i would appreciate if you could share your knowledge with me as an rap artist on the come up

Garageband isn't really software you can be super "versatile" with; since you appear to be on a mac at some point once you save up the money switch to using Logic Pro software. Logic works great for production as well as mastering (though personally I prefer using the software Pro Tools for mastering/editing/mixing by far).

You're going to have to be more specific with what you want to know. Have you already produced the beats and need help mixing/mastering? Or do you need help with direction in learning how to produce/write. Also, can you post links to prior projects/songs you've made so we have some context/understand how to help you better?

thanks for replying i plan on switching to pro tools and allow me to be more specific about the mixing and mastering i meant i want to learn how to so in the future after i lay my rap vocal tracks down i won't have to always depend on engineers and have send it to them.
i have my music on soundcloud just search hotboyeezy and all my songs will appear. if you could check some of it out and give feedback so i can grow thanks again

Mixing is such a structured process you're better off investing 15 bucks(its MORE than worth it) in a month subscription to either groove3, lynda, macprovideo(etc..) ADSRCourses.com actually has a deal where first month is 99 cents right now then you can cancel and they have mixing courses as well.

Either way my point is take advantage of one of these '1st month cheap' deal and watch as much on mixing as possible. One structured course taking you from start to finish on that site is going to be A LOT more productive than trying to piece it all together with forum information. Almost to the point in saying youll never get there using just forums. You need some sort of structured learning.

So I guess bottom line is right now the cheapest way would be to get a 99 cent 1st month at Adsrcourses.com then cancel it after you're done watching. Youll cover the site in a month easy then you're set. For a more versatile and a bit more knowledge goto groove3 for 15 bucks (next cheapest)..lynda and mac pro are something you might consider in 6 months to a year. If you even need them then.

There is tons of free info too, but imo having everything on one site and ready for you right there is way more productive and worth the 15 bucks by far.

I dont work for any of these sites by the way, ive just used all of them haha.

Last edited:
first off thank you for replying and second I'm going to farther invest my money on that website. can you check out my music and see how ell it is mixed and mastered together on soundcloud just search hotboyeezy and all my music will pop up. thanks again

Back