Calling for advice from experienced music artists

rbsyung_wuan

I'm still what you call a rookie when it comes to making music this s my first year. i know getting a buzz takes time i just need some pointers of how to get attention on social media for people to check out my music. if you have any tips for me at all please reply to this message thanks again in advance side note this is not just for rappers anyone who has knowledge about getting a buzz in the rap game.

Don't SPAM.
Represent.
Be nice. Be you.
Big-Up the stuff you hear that should have more Big-Ups.

and if you are using more than one form of social media - link them to each other.

i feel that but when you don't have a following how do you represent yourself to the people do you just post your song online and tweet about it every so often?

You rep the scene first and foremost. When I said represent it was the scene/genre that I meant (this is irrespective of genre - techno, house, hiphop whatever).
You become the following and by doing so you earn it.

i.e. include links to your work when following/responding to others in a non-spammy way - sigfiles are teh usual go

in your fb links to new works are the go

I'm still what you call a rookie when it comes to making music this s my first year. i know getting a buzz takes time i just need some pointers of how to get attention on social media for people to check out my music. if you have any tips for me at all please reply to this message thanks again in advance side note this is not just for rappers anyone who has knowledge about getting a buzz in the rap game.

make outstanding music and promote it.. keep releasing.. if it's good it'll catch on...

Just interact with people in the same boat as you. Be sincere, leave comments on SC, and keep your links visible in your bio. Whenever I get people genuinely tuning into my music, I make a point to check em out even if they are just starting out. If a stranger just hits me with a link, and does so to others simultaneously, I just block em.

But more importantly, interact in real life, be a part of your local scene. Most of my "presence" online came from winning beat battles at clubs, producing albums for local rappers, going to shows, getting to know the local DJ's. Sitting there tweeting all day to people you never met shouldn't be your go-to approach.

Slow and steady..

Sometimes its hard to tell who all your fans are because not all of them make it known to you, whether it be online or in person. Be humble, Be different. Show the same love that people show you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back