buying fl studio but... I don't have moneys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Necros_

Hi to all, i searched for an answer everywhere, i'll try here too...
(First of all, if i'm breaking any rules, please let me know i'll delete the pos as fast as i can)

So: i'm not good with fl studio yet, i mean, i'm still learning and studying music theory, i would like, a day, to gain some moneys with this. The problem is: i'm running with a cracked version, and i don't like this, but i don't like to get in trouble with the moneys since i don't have literally nothing (i'm 17)... The questions are:

1. Could i make moneys selling songs with the cracked version until i have the moneys to buy it?
  2. If not, how could i do without going to rob someone? (lol)

Have a nice day...

YEah, but spending like over 1000$ on the few more my family have for some samples and a software is not so smart and i work with my father, i don't think it's a good idea to spend thousands of $ for that...

P.S
I don't know if you are ever gone in Italy.
If not, i'll just tell you that here, 800€ at month are a lot.

Last edited:
YEah, but spending like over 1000$ on the few more my family have for some samples and a software is not so smart and i work with my father, i don't think it's a good idea to spend thousands of $ for that...

P.S

Thousands of dollars? The feature-complete version of FL (Producer Edition) costs 189€. The more expensive ones just have more extra plugins, but the functional features are the same. I understand that it can still be a lot of money, but it's not unreasonably expensive if this is something you really want to do.

P.S

Making money with music isn't easy.
If you want to make some cash, you got to know the game.

On the other hand, it isn't a bad idea to spend your time some more on education and less on making that big hit, because if you are educated enough, you can get a job that pays you 3 times as much, which in turn gives you the cashflow to buy more gear and other toys...

And if you want samples that much...
tell me what you want, I am cheap and can provide HQ samples for you to use for a price other would laugh about.

There's always fl studio 4[imageline gave it away]
and fruity edition. most daws are the same price as a console nowadays.

and some have producers editions in the 120-200$ range. Using a torrent, you lose out on updates, obtain unknown bugs and it's not the actual software anymore once cracked.
Lifetime free updates right? not really an excuse.

Making money with music isn't easy.
If you want to make some cash, you got to know the game.

On the other hand, it isn't a bad idea to spend your time some more on education and less on making that big hit, because if you are educated enough, you can get a job that pays you 3 times as much, which in turn gives you the cashflow to buy more gear and other toys...

And if you want samples that much...
tell me what you want, I am cheap and can provide HQ samples for you to use for a price other would laugh about.

You are right too....
Thanks you all for replying, even if i'm still undecided on what to do. I'll surely "master" myself before any choose, the problem is that my creativity dies when i'm trying to compose and my brain knows that i can't sell nothing or the track i'm doing is useless... (obviously i'm talking about something serious, not the tracks i make just for fun)

Thousands of dollars? The feature-complete version of FL (Producer Edition) costs 189€. The more expensive ones just have more extra plugins, but the functional features are the same. I understand that it can still be a lot of money, but it's not unreasonably expensive if this is something you really want to do.

You are 100% right, but i'm "on the orchestral" part of ""composing""... I'd love to become a film score composer or something like that... So things like ewql so, ewql storm drums, and other few vst are essentials for me... And they cost A LOT.

honestly there 2 ways of making money playing music.
The serieus way, meaning you have to really study the art and techniques behind the music, and end up writing music for commercials, movies, games or theater,
or
Go stupid, meaning you play music written by the serieus people, and pretend it is your own, still selling music that is too stupid and lame to call it good but you can end up in the charts faking a personality and lie to kids about how you make an easy buck making a beat on your free app with free plug-ins. And the only reason you would get famous is because big sponsors (read toy makers and record labels) bought your spot to hit the charts, so they can sell their toys, which you HAVE TO promote to return the favour

Last edited:
Mods, can we please dead this thread?
The piracy issue aside, the OP has demonstrated (numerous times) he has no desire to take any of our advice. We can't help that he is poor and unmotivated, and he doesn't seem to want to change, so why bother keeping this thread open? Seriously, if the OP is too stupid to understand that software does not equal skill, or that being "Italian and poor" is not a license to be an entitled moron, then perhaps he needs to stop being encouraged.

honestly there 2 ways of making money playing music.
The serieus way, meaning you have to really study the art and techniques behind the music, and end up writing music for commercials, movies, games or theater,
or
Go stupid, meaning you play music written by the serieus people, and pretend it is your own, still selling music that is too stupid and lame to call it good but you can end up in the charts faking a personality and lie to kids about how you make an easy buck making a beat on your free app with free plug-ins. And the only reason you would get famous is because big sponsors (read toy makers and record labels) bought your spot to hit the charts, so they can sell their toys, which you HAVE TO promote to return the favour

Well, since i already have some books of music theory read and some course made, i don't think i can end up with the stupid way :)

Mods, can we please dead this thread?
The piracy issue aside, the OP has demonstrated (numerous times) he has no desire to take any of our advice. We can't help that he is poor and unmotivated, and he doesn't seem to want to change, so why bother keeping this thread open? Seriously, if the OP is too stupid to understand that software does not equal skill, or that being "Italian and poor" is not a license to be an entitled moron, then perhaps he needs to stop being encouraged.

Well sirs, close the topic, the king has spoken. Please sir, forgive me for the time i made you spend for writing that sort of kind post.
And for your information, i don't think i'm a genius of the music to make moneys with milky tracker and i wrote "italian and poor" as you write, just to make you know that i'm not one of the fags who just doesn't want to spend moneys and support the creators. :).
I'm sorry again my lord.
(facepalm)

Moderators if you want close the topic, i'll never ask something again. The people needs to show their moneys and send to f*** off people that are just trying to ask something.

I made my decision tho.

Necros,

As a disclaimer, all of my production software was purchased legally. I wouldn't advise anyone to break the law or diminish the efforts that dedicated people pour into developing music software.

That said, Necros, I don't think there's any reason you couldn't sell something produced with cracked software. There's no watermark on the song, no way for someone to know. But, you should purchase all software as soon as you're able. You wouldn't want someone to steal your music, would you?

Maybe there is a cultural dynamic I'm not familiar with (even if it is referring to the cultural of your immediate family, not meaning whichever nationality you belong to). But I think it's perfectly reasonable that if you earn money, you can do with it as you need to. Maybe your family desperately needs money - does getting a job mean they should get all your money? Does that mean you're hurting your family already by not working? What if you share your earnings with your family? Some you give, and the rest is yours to keep even if it is for something like music production software?

Some DAWs are very expensive. Others are cheap. Some come with loads of plugins, others have few. I imagine the popular ones are popular because they are cheap, come with a lot of plugins, and are intuitively designed. Buy the cheapest DAW that makes sense. And major bonus points if it supports VST plugins, because the majority of free plugins are VST. (I can only use AAX plugins, and there are extremely few free AAX plugins.)

Don't be afraid to buy the cheapest DAW that fits your needs. You can always upgrade later if you need to.

Consider free orchestral plugins. I just did a quick Google search and came up with DSK Overture, Orchestral Strings One, and Total Composure Orchestra, among others.

If composing orchestral music really is your dream, it's better to write with poor virtual instruments than to not write at all. Remember, most famous composers only played the piano or violin. But they wrote for whole orchestras. You can do the same, writing with limited tools or even just a bad sounding virtual piano.

Also, just a tip: sometimes used production software and used virtual instruments can sell for cheap. See what you can buy used, especially if it is 2,3,4,5 years old. That's a whole lot better than nothing, and it could be quite cheap!

Go write some music!

Necros,

As a disclaimer, all of my production software was purchased legally. I wouldn't advise anyone to break the law or diminish the efforts that dedicated people pour into developing music software.

That said, Necros, I don't think there's any reason you couldn't sell something produced with cracked software. There's no watermark on the song, no way for someone to know. But, you should purchase all software as soon as you're able. You wouldn't want someone to steal your music, would you?

Maybe there is a cultural dynamic I'm not familiar with (even if it is referring to the cultural of your immediate family, not meaning whichever nationality you belong to). But I think it's perfectly reasonable that if you earn money, you can do with it as you need to. Maybe your family desperately needs money - does getting a job mean they should get all your money? Does that mean you're hurting your family already by not working? What if you share your earnings with your family? Some you give, and the rest is yours to keep even if it is for something like music production software?

Some DAWs are very expensive. Others are cheap. Some come with loads of plugins, others have few. I imagine the popular ones are popular because they are cheap, come with a lot of plugins, and are intuitively designed. Buy the cheapest DAW that makes sense. And major bonus points if it supports VST plugins, because the majority of free plugins are VST. (I can only use AAX plugins, and there are extremely few free AAX plugins.)

Don't be afraid to buy the cheapest DAW that fits your needs. You can always upgrade later if you need to.

Consider free orchestral plugins. I just did a quick Google search and came up with DSK Overture, Orchestral Strings One, and Total Composure Orchestra, among others.

If composing orchestral music really is your dream, it's better to write with poor virtual instruments than to not write at all. Remember, most famous composers only played the piano or violin. But they wrote for whole orchestras. You can do the same, writing with limited tools or even just a bad sounding virtual piano.

Also, just a tip: sometimes used production software and used virtual instruments can sell for cheap. See what you can buy used, especially if it is 2,3,4,5 years old. That's a whole lot better than nothing, and it could be quite cheap!

Go write some music!

If i had the money i won't exitate a second to buy the legal version, i'm not a fan of cracked things, that's why i've told you all that i NEED to buy the daw, since i can't do something illegally, it literally kills my creativity, i'm NOT KIDDING.

That said, thank you. I'll surely keep what you wrote in mind, you also inspired me with the "only piano composing" thing... Thank you...
P.S
i know how much work the producer of the softwares put into them... (I love programming too...)

Last edited:
Even you have established that working with illegal software is not an option. That's progress.

There are two things left to establish:

1) What's the most affordable software package that can help you do what you need to do?

2) What's the best way for you to earn that money quickly?

Even you have established that working with illegal software is not an option. That's progress.

There are two things left to establish:

1) What's the most affordable software package that can help you do what you need to do?

2) What's the best way for you to earn that money quickly?

Heh... Nice questions...

Life does not suck, maybe you just need to learn how to make the most out of it.

Death sucks, but that's part of live.

And to be true,
don't we guys love it when we are sucked...

Hi to all, i searched for an answer everywhere, i'll try here too...
(First of all, if i'm breaking any rules, please let me know i'll delete the pos as fast as i can)

So: i'm not good with fl studio yet, i mean, i'm still learning and studying music theory, i would like, a day, to gain some moneys with this. The problem is: i'm running with a cracked version, and i don't like this, but i don't like to get in trouble with the moneys since i don't have literally nothing (i'm 17)... The questions are:

1. Could i make moneys selling songs with the cracked version until i have the moneys to buy it?
  2. If not, how could i do without going to rob someone? (lol)

Have a nice day...

No matter what price it is, you investing to yourself to your future, think if you dont start investing to yourself today and after few years you will be at the same place, you lose few years of ur life by doing nothing. And think if u invest in yourself today and what life your will be after few years?The point is 200$ for you to start changing your lfe isnt that mutch.
Sorry for my english :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back