Brand New To This Producing Thang

Lilallstar09

Wassup yall, as you can see from the title Im a rookie to producing any beats. I bought an mpc renaissance and a brand new laptop for the purpose of becoming a producer. I just downloaded some free drum kits online that I can use now to produce a beat but now I need the keyboard sounds for my beat im trying to create. Do I have to buy a midi controller and then download sounds to do so, or is there another way where I just wouldnt need a midi controller. Recommendations are welcome and your responses are highly appreciated.... I just want to finish making a beat, that's all :cry:

go download studio one 3 Prime, it's free and then upgrade as you go along. The free version comes with a sampler and you can watch youtube videos on how to get started.

Welcome to FP, there is no best or worst way to get started but you must have a passion for music and that does not involve paying attention to the hype of being in the music business and the latter comes before the former. Please know that a keyboard controller has no built-in sounds, hence the need for VSTs. Do you play an instrument or instruments?

You mean instrument as instrumental is the musical e.g. vocal-less track. If you have a controller that has MIDI the MIDI ports connect your controller via the rear panel of your interface which you will need as your monitors for listening and playback will be connected to it.

The MPC Renaissance comes with a sample library and a few VST instruments, including the Air Music Tech Hybrid 3, at least when I purchased mine a few years ago.

The stock instruments and samples should be enough to get you going, at this time, until you develop some musical skills.

Wassup yall, as you can see from the title Im a rookie to producing any beats. I bought an mpc renaissance and a brand new laptop for the purpose of becoming a producer. I just downloaded some free drum kits online that I can use now to produce a beat but now I need the keyboard sounds for my beat im trying to create. Do I have to buy a midi controller and then download sounds to do so, or is there another way where I just wouldnt need a midi controller. Recommendations are welcome and your responses are highly appreciated.... I just want to finish making a beat, that's all :cry:

You dont NEED a midi controller but it helps with putting down melodies. VST instruments is what you are looking for, you can click in the notes in the piano roll instead of playing with a midi controller. Some popular VSTs people use are Nexus, Omnisphere, Hypersonic, etc.. Those are going to be your "keyboard sounds".

Back