Which is better and why;Adobe Audition,Cubase or Sonar

i would say Cubase is the best that ive experienced, it allows me to do a wide range of things

when i first started recording beats & mixing with vocals, i used cool edit pro (now audition).

Its a rad editor with awesome features.. though if thats what u use it for.. arranging your loops and vocals.. then its enough.

but if ur looking for more extended capabilities, as such program drums or sequence midi... u cant do ****.
do keep in mind its mainly a wave editor with abit more features. yet again, not sure what exactly your trying to compare.

Last edited:
There's no "better". It just depends on what you're looking for in a DAW, and how you utilise it. Whatever works for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ceased Werds said:
There's no "better". It just depends on what you're looking for in a DAW, and how you utilise it. Whatever works for you.

There's your best answer right there. Short, and to the point.:cheers:

Different tools for different people.

Audition is an excellent wave editor and multi-track recorder.

Cubase, Sonar and such are all-around workstations for composing music. Of course their features sometimes overlap. So like other people said, it depends on what you're trying to do and what you're most comfortable with.

You mentioned that you're fine with Audition. So my advice is, if it ain't broke - don't fix it.

Cubase is the best but if you are still new to all this it will be way
over your head.

sonar is the best program ever. it has a device that changes the sound and masters the songs right away!!! this way you dont have to master your cd!! it gives head if you know the right hot key.

sellinbeats said:
sonar is the best program ever. it has a device that changes the sound and masters the songs right away!!! this way you dont have to master your cd!! it gives head if you know the right hot key.

Yo, no keeping secrets. WHATS THAT HOT KEY!!!!

Last edited:
krazyk said:
I use Adobe Audition 1.5 and think its pretty good.Just wondering if I can do better.

If you need to do MIDI tracks, I do not believe Adobe Audition handles that. Audition is, however, my favorite sound editor.

Cubase and Sonar are DAWs and do much more than Audition can.

J4F said:
sellinbeats said:

Yo, no keeping secrets. WHATS THAT HOT KEY!!!!

that will cost yah:cool:

Back