Best way to promote your beats

MobBeatz

Hey guys, I have been beatmaking for a long time however, I just don't think I am promoting my beats right. What do you guys use to promote your beats?

just upload your music on soundcloud.
if you got some dope ass beats, followers automatically grow. believe me!

Work on building your brand and being consistent across all platforms. I personally like IG b/c it's more visual and you can showcase music, footage from the studio, etc. Obviously all the sound outlets like PMP, SoundClound, BandCamp, Soundclick as well.

Another thing I found that helps to grow a following is to work with artists and release projects. I used to work with any upcoming rapper or sing I could find and release free albums. After a couple project they started to get pick up on big blogs, reposted, etc. and my following grew which lead to more placements, beat sales, and opportunities.

You have to basically build your own movement and help other people in the process, then before you know it people will be coming to you instead of you seeking them out.

Make remixes of popular songs and work with local artists to release a mixtape on SoundCloud. Prove you can actually produce and you're not just another guy that makes beats.

You could promote your music in thousands of different ways, like everyone else has said. Social media, forums, doing remixes, entering competitions...

But I honestly have found the most success in just reaching out to rappers individually, as people...letting them know that I love their music and asking if they need beats. I'll give beats to that rapper for free but explain that usually I charge X for a beat (double what I usually charge) and that I cannot afford to do this for anyone else. Do a mixtape or two with that rapper and you will soon find that his homies come out of the wood work wanting beats. I tell them that I usually charge X but can do beats for them for Y (my usual price anyway) and sell beats to them.

Essentially, I have rappers promote my music to their crew, then let their crew have a "discount" on my beats.

Even if it only turns into 10 or so actual sales per rapper it does add up, and honestly...it is just an amazing feeling to have my beats out there, in circulation as finished songs. That gives me the biggest buzz as a music producer.

Ultimately though, just do you...don't force spamming on social media if it feels soul destroying. Stick to what you actually enjoy as a music producer and a person...if you like posting on forums then connect with rappers on there.

Back