Best Way to Network In Person

caycay

Trying to figure out the best way to network offline, and in person, meeting people face to face, whether its trying to work with different artists or trying to get a placement or something?....

I've gone to a few A&R network events, but Im not sure if that's the best way to network, or if its a waste of money. Some A&Rs are real helpful and some seem like their there to get a check...

So whats the best way to network, and build a relationship, offline? Is it going to A&R network events, network events for artists, going to the club and networking, going to different studios and networking, or something else? I wanna try and focus my time and money on the right things...

Any help appreciated...

a&r network events are a good way to network... or you can try and network at a studio a&r's frequently visit.. i know the a&r event works for me.. but realistically if your music isn't good .. their not gonna wanna network with you... it's pointless.. I went to a few of those events and got an A&R's phone number cause he kept seeing me and he ****ed with the music... so yea make sure your product is good and network at those events..

There is no best way. You have to try a few things and see what works best for you. Some people love networking in person and are good at it, others are successful with it online.

Some are successful with the seminars and events, others aren't

You have to find what works best for you

I found it easier just going to events your inspired by like clubs and gigs. Have a few drinks chat to people and it could work! Once meeting a few artists it becomes like a music/artist group tree with people who are just willing to help you out or collab.

There is no best way. You have to try a few things and see what works best for you. Some people love networking in person and are good at it, others are successful with it online.

Some are successful with the seminars and events, others aren't

You have to find what works best for you

I agree.

You could try to burn you tracks on discs, go stand in front of a store and hand our free cd's

I agree.

You could try to burn you tracks on discs, go stand in front of a store and hand our free cd's

You could also find a bulk buy on 1gig flash drives and use those instead which could include a digital card on it.

Couple reasons this is effective, the main one being is people will use the flash drive after the music has been transferred off of it...bonus points if you put your brand on the flash drive casing.

if you hear of bands or djs playing locally go to the gigs and theres a chance you could bump into another producer or maybe a friend of one. then swap music info for them to check out. another thing you can try is renting out a room somewhere & setting up beginner production classes with a few decent producers and see who shows up

Back