Best place to sell beats online???

D

DJ Proficient

I would like to know where you think is the best place to sell beats online?
What I mean is like which one do you think you have the most likely chance of getting alot of money from leasing beats, without paying any money? I went to givemebeats.com, but they make you give them %44 commision, and there is a ton of other fees. I have absolutely zero dollars, and right now I am trying to just get as much money as possible the only way I know how online, so I can get some decent equipment to make more beats, and record vocals.

I wanna know this too. I was never selling the beats so i wanna know how do u sell it as well. I mean I can't just get money and send the beat to someone who has paid me, right? I wanna protects my rights and so on... so what about the contract? How does it happen usually?

heres an idea ...

dont consider the net for selling beats if you arent established you will get the same old song and dance from so called customers they are most likley 15 year old kids looking for free beats if you wanna sell beats go out and network and get connected with credible people. there is like what 2 million beatmakers on the net? all with the same ol sounding beats and same ol proposal.

Best Place = your own .com or .net

So your gonna need some kind of a Buzz and your going to need to advertise

I suggest a .com and/or a Soundclick VIP page. Using them in conjunction is very helpful, you can use soundclick to host your beats, using minmal hosting space on your domain. Many people seem to sell beats because of soundclick, it's a good area of producers (even though some/most suck), and listeners.

Another good place to sell beats is locally, but thats a different story.

hmm locally is best, once ur beats get better that is, make your own website is the other best while linking it to soundclick.

Yeah i would say set up your own site mate. Go and download ...uhm... i mean 'buy' Macromedia Studio 8, that's what the professional web designers use and its get easy to learn how to use it. Also get as many links as you can, not many people are gonna visit your site from a google search are they so get links links links.

telling someone to get macromedia studio for web design because "that's what the professional web designers use" is stupid. if you know nothing about graphics or web design, having macromedia studio means nothing. learn to make a website properly, or pay a professional. you'll never sell a damn thing, no matter how good your beats are, if your website looks like garbage. and yeah, links are good, but optimizing for a search engine is better. you're likely to get more hits from people looking for 'hiphop beats for sale' on google than you will from people finding your links on another site. chances are, if you've got a link on a site, so does everyone else who wants to sell their beats. if you're tops in the google rankings, you're more noticeable.

Cyko said:
Best Place = your own .com or .net

So your gonna need some kind of a Buzz and your going to need to advertise

Indeed.

If you check out SellingBeatsOnline.com they'll provide you with some insight into this subject.

They're also holding a workshop coming up next weekend for Beat Shop owners and newcomers.

It seems like all the successful online beatmakers usually do a majority of their business on soundclick. Combining soundclick, myspace, and a personalized .com site is probably the most effective way to promote and sell beats online.

Try google ad words. If you want to make money you have got to invest! In graphics and flash design and advertiseing.It's easy if you have some extra money and know how to write songs(not beats) it easy. And on your demo's you have to hire musicians to get pro. Either you put all your money in it or forget it.

Last edited:
pmp if your work is serious....downside is that if ya money aint upthere yet dont do it itz 50 a month

Timmy Talent said:
It seems like all the successful online beatmakers usually do a majority of their business on soundclick. Combining soundclick, myspace, and a personalized .com site is probably the most effective way to promote and sell beats online.

Indeed.

.com is very important as it allows you to also brand your Beat Production name.

soundclick is good for promotion. someone turned me on to buythatbeat.com,

soundclick is good for promotion. someone turned me on to buythatbeat.com, haven't really been on it yet tho

Last edited:
U could maybe try mybeatshop.com n rocbattle....but I do suggest getting a vip soundclick fa sho

Soundclick is definately the best place ive found. Ive got a VIP page as well as my own forwarded domain.

Back