Best/Good FREE Music Trackers?

jc637

I recently just started producing last week, I plan on making mostly DnB/Dubstep music and I need some help getting started. What is the best free music tracker out there? My current "setup" is Cockos Reaper and OpenMPT(free tracker). Don't get me wrong, OpenMPT is a great program but my current problem is tempo changes. Whenever I want to make a synth/wobble bass various speeds or add special fast/slow parts, I'm stuck with the same tempo or I have to make seperate samples which ends up in choppy sounding lines. I'm pretty new to producing music, I've only played guitar mostly. Any help is appreciated. :D

reaper's not free it's freemium like studio one.Definitely not a bad thing though.

kristal audio engine
studio one free
reaper
reason demo(surprised me)
And free software comes with some usb audio interfaces like focusrite and presonus/maudioboxes.
fl studio 4 is the only free version of image-line that isn't demo mode.
zynewave podium
ardour.
trial versions of software is also abundant.

reaper's not free it's freemium like studio one.Definitely not a bad thing though.

kristal audio engine
studio one free
reaper
reason demo(surprised me)
And free software comes with some usb audio interfaces like focusrite and presonus/maudioboxes.
fl studio 4 is the only free version of image-line that isn't demo mode.
zynewave podium
ardour.
trial versions of software is also abundant.

Well, none of these are trackers. Most of the trackers I know of haven't been updated for a while - which seems to be the price of freedom. Renoise is the modern tracker to use, but of course, it's not free. I'd still recommend to check it out if you haven't already.

That thing.Yeah I'm gonna stick to the horizontal workflow of s1/reason, that thing is a whole other type of sequencer.looks fun though, anyways op check that link out if you haven't already that might be it for you

I recently just started producing last week, I plan on making mostly DnB/Dubstep music and I need some help getting started. What is the best free music tracker out there? My current "setup" is Cockos Reaper and OpenMPT(free tracker). Don't get me wrong, OpenMPT is a great program but my current problem is tempo changes. Whenever I want to make a synth/wobble bass various speeds or add special fast/slow parts, I'm stuck with the same tempo or I have to make seperate samples which ends up in choppy sounding lines. I'm pretty new to producing music, I've only played guitar mostly. Any help is appreciated. :D

Renoise isn't free, but it's really inexpensive (and, as Krushing mentioned, it's the gold standard for trackers).

You can find it here:

Renoise Home

There's also some useful stickers you can put on your keyboard to help with the learning period:

Renoise Keyboard Stickers for Notebook, Desktop, and Laptop (Amazon.com)

-Ki
Salem Beats (+Reviews)
gpWmqu

cant really get my head around trackers but renoise and psycle are 2 i tried and kinda like them

+100 for Renoise
Once you learn how to use it, if you're like me, you won't want to use anything else other than for tracking out your music.

Back