Beginner to music production FL STUDIO

blazebeatz

Sup everybody? i just got a couple questions to ask and i hope i will get some help from you guys.well am new to beat making and i just got myself the fl studio ten,i know how to put in instruments using the sound kits on the piano roll but i can only make just a raw beat using just a kick and a clap which i kind of find it frustrating but i don't know what to do so am wondering if yall have any advice's for me?
My second question is since am new to fl studio the whole programe itself pisses the shit outta me because i want to make beats but i simply cant do nothing and i don't know how to play the keyboard,do yall think i should learn how to play the keyboard before messing with the software and how long did it take yall experienced producers to be start making banger with the software?

Well dont beat yourself too hard. It will all come in time. I've been making beats seriously for about 9 months. Over this time i've learned alot but im still learning. Learning music theory will help you but you dont have to stop
practing music. Learn the notes first which takes like 5min. Then practice scales and chord. Which are also pretty easy to learn once you get the formula on how there formed. I didnt really understand your first question so if you explain i can probably help you.

do yall think i should learn how to play the keyboard before messing with the software and how long did it take yall experienced producers to be start making banger with the software?

I recommend learning the keyboard but you still have to continue learning your software as well. Idk how long it took exactly but I still learn new sh!t everyday.

Lots of producers don't know how to play instruments so don't let that stop you. What I would recommend though is googling scales and chord progressions as those will help you immensely. You don't even have to memorize them, just print them out and keep them by you as a reference and practice, practice, practice.

Try remaking popular songs, you'll learn a lot and on top of that you'll quickly notice that a lot of popular songs use the same recipe.

Making "bangers" as you stated takes hours upon hours of practice. Just keep going and learning and you'll eventually get there.

Last edited:
You dont need to be able to play classical pieces but knowing at least scales, basic chords and things like that is going to be very helpful to you. FL Studio is a great tool but just like with anything its a learning process, I dont think anybody just picked it up and made amazing music right away. Keep working on ur craft and good luck!

Music like anything else is always an on going process. Like BeatGenerals said you should at least know scales and basic chords, but from there you should constantly work at perfecting your craft. This means you should be making beats and using what you learned from your previous beat to add on to your next.

Like posted above learning some chords and scales would be good. I took a semester of Piano and it helped but I still can't just play right out. I also made wack stuff when I first got on Fl back when it was Fruity loops 2, now on 10 times have changed. Frustration is just part of the package my man. I stopped for a year due to that but then my bros who stuck with it showed me the magic it could produce and I haven't stopped since! Happy Travels!

you dont have to learn how to use a keyboard just learn about scales so you know what notes to use so your music doesnt sound like shyt.

While this application isn't guaranteed to create the next Mozart, it will make noise sound better if your kid likes to bang on the keyboard. Keyboard Music translates the sounds of various instruments, such as a piano, a guitar, or even steel drums, to your PC keyboard so you can "play" notes on each instrument. The main program screen display includes a map of a keyboard, with numbers that designate the location of each note (for example, the number 1 often equals the note "C.") Press a key and the sound will play. Click on the instrument image at the top of the page to try different sounds. While the sounds aren't the most realistic (most of the instruments resemble electronic horns), the program runs seamlessly and is very easy to use. The trial limitations are too short, in our opinion. Overall, this is a novelty program that while entertaining, won't offer much concrete information about playing "real" instruments.

---------- Post added at 04:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 AM ----------

While this application isn't guaranteed to create the next Mozart, it will make noise sound better if your kid likes to bang on the keyboard. Keyboard Music translates the sounds of various instruments, such as a piano, a guitar, or even steel drums, to your PC keyboard so you can "play" notes on each instrument. The main program screen display includes a map of a keyboard, with numbers that designate the location of each note (for example, the number 1 often equals the note "C.") Press a key and the sound will play. Click on the instrument image at the top of the page to try different sounds. While the sounds aren't the most realistic (most of the instruments resemble electronic horns), the program runs seamlessly and is very easy to use. The trial limitations are too short, in our opinion. Overall, this is a novelty program that while entertaining, won't offer much concrete information about playing "real" instruments.

Last edited:
Back