BEATMAKER / PRODUCER / Learn The difference.

@jeepz

wow , you still don't get my point .. I wasn't trying to impress with my post or trying to make you jump out your seat as you say -_-

Saying I'm getting uppity or giving condescending remarks cause I'm trying to explain my point to people who comment even though they clearly don't care [you being one of them] tells me you still don't get my point.

I know I got work to do, did I say I stopped working on my music or that I am the best producer on earth ?

thanks for pointing out that the subjects has been hashed out a million times here and elsewhere. As if explaining it in my way is a crime ...

Funny how you think I'm on my high horse, even though some comments on here get the point I was trying to make, without trying to belittle me.

and you say - "So focus yourself on the craft"

My point exactly is saying that "Beatmaking" & "Producing" are two different craft; that each have different categories of stuff in them to study or research.
it's not only semantics as some of you say -_-

What you don't seem to get also, is that I'm only trying to help the next men, cause I would've have liked someone to have done the same with me. nothing more.

If you reply to a thread I created just to belittle me [weather you or someone else] , why should I respect you ...

One Love

“Well Kanye [West] is a producer who is going to create samples — he always uses samples now but when we worked a lot he would have some dope samples,” Common says. “We’d find the sample. He might [then] have an idea about what the hook should go like and that hook could be dope and then we’d get into it. If I write a Rap [and] he don’t like the Rap, he gon’ [tell me] like, ‘Look, you need to change that,’ or, ‘Keep that take.’ He had really a strong input on it. It was like a creative collaboration.”

Pharrell is one of the producers that has really big ideas,” Common says. “He knows how to make music that will go to the masses. He’ll give you a beat and be say, ‘Man, you could maybe kick this type of flow.’ He’ll give you some insight on which way to go. He’ll give you some direction. He’ll definitely always help with the chorus, with the hook. He is a really great song maker and songwriter.”

Back