Authentic Guitar?

Fleetwoodprod

I just got off into making R&B beats and I have been using the guitar alot lately.I use Hypersonic and Sampletank for my sounds but the guitar sounds dont sound authentic enough to me.Is it possible to acheive good guitar sounds with software....If possible can someone please point me in the right direction?

acoustic or electric?

there are a good number of good electric guitar emulations, but if you want a real sounding acoustic, you may just have to buy one

they're only a few hundred dollars, probably about the same as a sample library

Musiclab Real Guitar sounds really good but you need a pretty good computer to run it. It uses a lot of cpu.

the only way to make it sound real, is a real guitar. Well, depending on what you're playing. If its just plucking individual strings at a rate of 1/8ths, you could prolly pull it off. But if you're talking about full out guitar riffs, you could either learn to play, or PM me i can play anything lol

For Acoustic Guitars, Real Guitar is where it's at. For electric guitar's, the best software that I've heard, would be Slayer2. I've found some pretty nice e guitar sf's too.

Nothing comes remotely close to the sound of a real guitar. Its not to do with the samples, its because of the articulations that alter the timbre of one sound after another is triggered in real life (ie strumming), and the physical properties of a guitar (ie the possible chord combinations and progression).

Nice post, ruptured.

As with other instruments you integrate into your productions, take into account the capabilities of the instrument and its popular use. There are certain chords and scales that are hardly ever used because of the difficulty of fingering them.

Using arpeggiators you can probably replicate the sound of a guitar doing a particular style of strumming, although it will always be a bit too 'perfect' to the ear.
With some manual editing I (or anybody really) could probably get a midi guitar track to sound like a real guitar. It all depends on the plugin though. The more articulations the better of course.

There are more things that need to be considered. Just remember that the hardest way is the most rewarding - learning the actual instrument.

The guitar sounds on my korg tr sound pretty real to me. with a little pitch blending and effects, you can have a guitar sound that people will not be able to tell between real and sample.

Guitar is the most imposible to reproduce instrument out of all. Well i guess the correct way to explain it is while you may not be able to recreate acurate sounds of another instrument it still can sound good. A guitar on the other hand doesnt sound like a guitar unless its played like a guitar. So its not the sound you wanna re-create its the way its played thats more important. I no i've tried to learn and i still suck but i can do things with the gift of overdubs.

Its because when someone plays the guitar, the sound is not always the same. on a piano, if you play a c note without using pedals or anything, the not will always be c even if you press it harder. On a guitar, if you play a c note, the pitch is different if you pluck the string harder. plus, if your finger is in the fret a little bit higher, it will change the pitch. but when you use multilayered samples, there are ways to make guitars sound real. yes, good guitar players will be able to tell the difference, but most people wont if you do it right.

Yo, i would adivice you get the SWEETWATER book or go online and buy the most epensive virtual guitar they got. You know you get wat you pay for. Trust me....

JAY WES

Look for a physical modeling vst. There are free ones and there are commercial ones. Make sure you get one that emulates plucked strings, not one that emulates a horn being blowed. You will probably need to reverb or distort it to make it sound more real. just experiment.

Soundfonts are a good option in this category.
www.sf2midi.com is a good place to look.
Search these soundfonts. They are all good.

FG460s II Live Guitar Pack.sf2
SampleSmith_Free_G1-v1
CrisisJazzGuitar
my fender
ProTrax_Classical_Guitar
thrashbluesguitar
ultimate guitar kit 2
RolandSessionNylon2.sf2
RolandSoloSteel.sf2
RolandSoloStrat.sf2

I don't know if I'd use a guitar sound upfront in the mix, but if played decently they do sit suprisingly well in a mix with other instruments.

Back