assigning trigger finger knob/fader control to ableton functions

2dublezero3

Hi guys,

I bought Trigger Finger a couple of days ago and although I can trigger audio clips in ableton 5 i can't seem to get any of the faders or knobs to control any of live's functions. I've searched both this forum and abletons to no avail, read the trigger finger manual (far less than helpful I reckon) and pulled out a few hairs but still no luck. It almost seems like the trigger finger's knobs/faders aren't working at all but i do get readings on the LED screen when i try to use them. Any help/ideas on this would be really really appreciated.

read the live manual, click the MIDI button on the top right of live, click what you want to control, and move the fader/knob. voila its mapped.

RickySaL said:
read the live manual, click the MIDI button on the top right of live, click what you want to control, and move the fader/knob. voila its mapped.

yup......

But also what version are you using, in V5 if your trying to use some effects and they are not visible at the time your using them they wont seem to work.....

You can also asign a slider or a knob to a clip, thats one way you can test.........:monkey:

one more thing..... on the trigger finger preset 10 and 11 are set up for live... but I would load up preset 16 (its open) and do you set up there.

there is a guy who goes by the name phatconductor hes selling templates for the finnger and ableton. Heres a link to his youtube that shows what it can do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH1Ko630Ytc

Last edited:
"click the MIDI button on the top right of live, click what you want to control, and move the fader/knob. voila its mapped."

unfortunately i've tried that - i can get my pads assigned that way but not my knobs/faders...any other ideas?

2dublezero3 said:
"click the MIDI button on the top right of live, click what you want to control, and move the fader/knob. voila its mapped."

unfortunately i've tried that - i can get my pads assigned that way but not my knobs/faders...any other ideas?

So you have assigned your knobs/sliders to a clip? Does the little light blink when you use either?

Since my last reply I have re-read the manual several times - thought I'd cracked it, got home tried it and still no joy. I have tried assigning a knob/slider to a clip but again no joy - I don't even get the blinking light (I'm assuming you mean on Ableton?), whereas I do if I use one of the pads. I'm going to email the M-Audio tech support about this also but if you guys have any other ideas/tips/tricks I'd be very grateful.

Oh yeah - I have v5.2 of Ableton if memory serves me correctly but I'm at work right now so I'm not able to check.

Thanks people; have a great Christmas :monkey:

Back