ASR 10 capable of being a MIDI Controller?

S

SKUNK2

hello:

im deciding to go the software route, and reason 2.5 is going to be my main tool.

but i dont like composing with a mouse, so im looking for a midi controller for reason.

a friend of mine is selling his ASR 10 for $500, with SCSI port. Now i have a question, can the ASR 10 be used to control reason 2.5 midi with a midi interface? This would be great because i love the ASR 10 as a sampler, easiest sampler ever. Could i sample from vinyl into my ASR 10, then control that sample as midi and import it into reason?

I was also considering the Korg MicroKontrol, because of its combination of drum pads and keys, and its size, i really need drum pads!!!! the only thing about the korg are its small key size. also, if i do decide to get a korg microkontrol, i still have a need for sampling from vinyl, now how is it possible to sample from vinyl into your pc without hardware like an MPC or ASR 10. is it even possible?

PEACE and thanks for reading.

asr-10

Never used a microkorg, but I know the ASR-10 can function as a midi controller. If you have a joystick port on the back of your computer, you won't need a midi interface.

Yeah you can use it as a controller. I use my ASr-10 as a controller for Fruity Loops. I got tired of always having to get floppies out to load a sound so now i just patch into Fruity loops and control all of my instrument samples through the ASR. I would suggest though that instead of using the Midi cord with the Gameport to use the Midi cord that is USB. Maybe it was just me but the Game port Midi had a slightly different sound too it and it was slightly delayed. I upgraded to the USB MIDI and it worked perfect. You might be alright though since you have SCZI My ASR-10 unfortunately did not have it installed adn haven't gotten around to spending the $300 for it.

Peace

alot of people believe the ASR10 adds a certain coloring to the sound that is pleasing. $500 is a pretty sweet deal. I'd go that route. You can create your samples in the ASR, save them to a scsi drive. that same drive can be hooked to your computer, if you have a scsi interface. You can import those sounds straight into fruity/reason/LM4/battery, whatever. and make your beats there.

ASR 10 capable of being a MIDI Controller?

NO!! Put on Ebay so i can Scoop it :D

Back