Aspiring Producer HELP

Shiva Beats

Hey guys so I've been producing for a few months now and have a decent amount of tracks but its hard for me to find people to collaborate with. The internet is a vast place so its a bit daunting to know where to start.

Submerge yourself as much as possible in the scene. Use social medias as connections to find people in the same position as you. With enough searching and digging, you will find what you are looking for.

The most I've learned over the years has been from collaborating with other artists. When I was first starting out and didn't know what EQ or compression was I was reaching out to artists whose songs I liked. I'd be hours deep into related videos on youtube for ambient music producers and sent a few messages out and was lucky to get a reply from someone who wanted to collaborate. I found most people were into trying something new, but at the same time still wanted something out of it. There has to be an equal exchange of value so think of what your strengths are - you're not gonna get Daft Punk to collab with you but there are a bunch of new artists out there craving the same thing you are - the experience! So go message a few people, go to soundcloud and listen to what people are tossing up. You're probably more likely to get a response from people who are around the same skill level as you so that way you'll both probably learn something new in the process and learn what each others techniques are. Good luck and above all, have fun and enjoy the music!

Thanks for the advice man! Il look into collaborating. I'm just starting out so I have a lot to learn but I feel like working with others will help me out a lot.

Back