Anybody good at recognising structure in a track?

Joeydav

What is the structure of this track?

Does this look right?

00:00 - Kick, Hi-Hats rolling, Hi Bass rolling, Sub Bass rolling.
00:14 - Adds an effect and adds Open Hats in between Kicks.
00:26 - Adds Mid Bass rolling, more cymbals and a build up effect.
00:54 - Adds Acid Sequence.
01:15 - Adds another Acid Sequence.
01:22 - Acid sequence gets louder and another buildup effect is added.
01:49 - No idea what the repetitive noise is, it's not his bassline is it? I can only recognise a vocal and a hook.
02:03 - Puts everything in that's played so far.
02:31 - Adds another buildup effect.
02:58 - Same as 01:49 plus another vocal.
03:25 - Adds a melody
03:53 - No idea but the melody sounds a lot louder, how?

Last edited by a moderator:
so I make tempo 140-142 bpm

also a total of 32 8 bar sections with a final section that rings out through delays and reverb for another 6 bars, for a total of 262 bars (1048 beats)

I would not use the word rolling to describe what any 1 instrument part is doing as they are more repeated rhythmic patterns than true "rolls" in the drumming sense

Most of what you have written is descriptive enough though lacking in some details. I would not call anything I heard an acid sequence.

The repetitive noise at 1:49 is indeed the bass line with some filter resonance giving it that squelchiness we can hear

at 3:53 we can hear a low freq riser (it is the same as the others but is now an actual pitch based idea rather than just a noise riser) as well as the melody being doubled at pitch with another slightly different synth sound

up to the point where you stop analysing the structure, we have had 18 cycles through the underlying 8 bar sequence a further 15 are yet to be analysed/described - share your results with us if you will

Back