Any tips or suggestions on how i get get better as a producer?

Norge N/A

Ive been producing for about 4-5 months, and i know it seems too early to ask this but I just wanna know anything i could do to become a better producer, I try to go on FL Studio everyday and do something productive, but is their other things i could do?

Thanks

PRACTICE.

Find the easiest song you can remake and do just that.

When I say remake you do your best to the point where most can't tell if you played the two songs side by side.

This will not only teach you many skills, tricks, presets etc. but will give you respect for the process of mixing a song (it could take a LONG time), sound engineering etc.

That's really all you're doing man the better you get at remaking a beat what you're really doing is training yourself to be able to more efficiently capture the sound you're hearing, be that actual music or in your head.

Just keep finding more and more difficult songs to remake, as well as songs that have stylistic elements you wish to incorporate into your sound, and working on your own music.

That's the best advice I have pertaining DIRECTLY to making beats, if you look at other things I mean you could learn for a whole lifetime between mixing, music theory, learning one or several instruments, etc. etc. the rabbit hole can go as far as you want.

Learn to play an instrument would be my advice. It might sound boring and long winded but your ability to compose and general understanding of the fundamentals of music increases your production skills 100 fold. This is not a popular answer especially with many of my young students today but it comes back to cause and effect: more you put in = the more you will get out. Good luck on you production journey.

Last edited:
Back