Allow me to Re-Introduce myself

Alterian

I had an account and was active many years ago. I wanna say 2006 or so. I forgot my user name and created a new account. I sold all my equipment and bought a 2009 R1, I'm trying to get back into the game and need a little help. Okay, so I made mostly Hip Hop and R&B from an MPC 2500, Motif XS and reason 4, I mixed it down in Cubase. I've been looking around and there's a lot of new equipment and software out there now. I loved all the hardware and software I used to use. I'm not sure if I want to go 100% software minus a controller. Here's something I'm considering....

MPC (Maybe an MPC X)
Reason 9.5
Controller (MPK249)
Keyboard (I had a Motif so I'd like to go that route, not to sure on this one looking for recommendations on board)
Mixer

Questions
What keyboard would you recommend? reasonable price
Is MPC 2.0 a good DAW?
Does MPC 2.0 work with reason?
What equipment is available that would be a better fit according to how I used to get down?

I used to use my MPC, Motif and Reason wired into a mixer that fed into a computer through fire wire into separate tracks on Cubase. Id like to find a mixer that could do the same thing, Maybe through USB
I wasn't to sure where I should post these question, I figured I would just put it in the intro. If I made a mistake no biggie, I can copy and past into separate threads for Software/Hardware. Any advice would be welcomed, thanks.

yo, welcome back.

Havent tried MPC 2.0, but keep getting down with your hands on gear. It's a lot more fun and still (I think) easier to produce with and is more effective.

yya ya, good to meet ya and welcome back.

Back