advice & tips

anuj

hey there everybody i'm a newbee :) so i want to record real life sounds/samples how can i do that ? what equipment is required for recording quality music ? does galaxy note 3 or any phone recorder is okay to record i saw in we are your friends movie where he record song from his phone and any tips to record perfectly without disturbance plzz help

Get a high quality mic for better results. I don't have one tho ;-; but ther'es plenty of toots on the net about mic input into a computer ;]
Phone might not work if you can't get the sounds onto youre daw thoug

PEAS!

Last edited:
You could dip your toe in with a USB mic or a portable recorder. But the best way to get quality audio is with a large diaphragm condenser microphone with XLR connection and a decent audio interface.

In my opinion, Focusrite makes the best affordable audio interfaces. I really like my Rode NT1A microphone for the price, but if I were starting fresh and on a serious budget, I'd consider a combo pack like this: Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Studio Bundle | Sweetwater.com

got the Zoom H-2 portable mic, it´s really amazing and easy to use :D
Go in the city, touch objects, hit objects with other objects and make different sounds, open your ears and record any opportunity :D

Someone released a...kickstart project of a tool that you can connect with your smartphone as well as with certain objects, and somehow if you hit the object, an app makes music out of the vibrations, and every single objects has its different vibrations, a friend of mine did buy it cause he was so hyped recording unique sounds with everyday´s objects :D

Actually thought about buying this tool as well one day and make some "own produced" percussions and stuff, kind of a funny thing :D I am sure you can find it if you google a bit :)

Back