Additional VST suggestions?

youknowandrew

As a producer who is starting out, I have to ask the basic question of what VSTs do people use for making their beats? I've mostly been playing with Battery for drums and omnisphere for leads and pads. I also have trilian but i'm not to the point of adding bass yet. My issue is finding sounds that flow for hip-hop. Beyond what I have listed I have Massive, Sylenth1, Hypersonic 2, Gladitor and what comes with FL Studio. I haven't experimented with all the sounds yet but I'd like to hear suggestion of what else I should play around with. Currently I'd like better sounds to use as leads, specifically more piano and guitar type stuff, but again I'm open to suggestion beyond those.

Not trying to be mean but these types of posts kinda bug me.. Its like a 16 year old just getting his license saying "Ive got a Bugatti, Lambo, Ferrari, Porsche, but i need something better!" Those VSTs you listed are among the best. Just master what you already have. Learn how to make your own sounds inside those VSTs instead of always using presets. Good luck.

For someone who is "not to the point of adding bass" yet, you have an spent an awful lot on vsts....

Try out demos for everything that interests you, then over time get rid of the stuff you aren't using as much and don't like as much.
There are guitar emulators like the AAS guitar, then there are synthesizers like zebra and thor, then there's samplers like wavepad.

But for you, I'd recommend nexus since it caters to what you're asking for.

Not trying to be mean but these types of posts kinda bug me.. Its like a 16 year old just getting his license saying "Ive got a Bugatti, Lambo, Ferrari, Porsche, but i need something better!" Those VSTs you listed are among the best. Just master what you already have. Learn how to make your own sounds inside those VSTs instead of always using presets. Good luck.

LMFAO!!

Yes, just master what you have unless another VST has a particular sound you need. People forget that they actually need to do the work. You don't just buy these programs, think of a beat, push one button, and have a fully mixed and mastered song come out.

Use the VSTs you already have. You shouldn't buy anything new for at least a year. Please do the work. Don't be another lazy beatmaker saying " How come I can't make a beat like ________? What VSTs and sounds do I need to sound like ___________?" People become great producers from buying a few pieces of equipment and working hard as hell to get great.

I kind of feel sorry for young kids today trying to make music. They get access to dozens of VSTs and DAWs, sometimes illegally. And with all of that equipment, they still struggle to make the most basic songs. You don't need in-depth theory or anything. Just practice with what you have. Back in the day, people just started off with a piano, guitar, or drum set. That's it.

Get to work, bro!!!

Or just buy this:
Beetmaker.png

Last edited:
Back