Ableton sync tempo question

StoneTrooper

Music Producer
Ok so say you load up a violin/string/guitar sample in ableton and since it doesn't have a drum beat it confuses ableton on what the correct time signature is. Whats the best fix for making the song tempo on what you want it without speeding up or slowing down the song. Any help thanks

Last edited:
If it's a sample from a song, find the original song and use a BPM-counter to tap the BPM.
Can't really remember a way better than trial and error for short samples.

In addition to tapping the tempo manually, you can also calculate the exact bpm mathematically.

Find the number of beats in the sample (by listening) and the exact length of the audio (in seconds). Divide the length by the number of beats. Divide 60 (number of seconds in a minute) with the result of that calculation and you've got your bpm.

Last edited:
In addition to tapping the tempo manually, you can also calculate the exact bpm mathematically.

Find the number of beats in the sample (by listening) and the exact length of the audio (in seconds). Divide the length by the number of beats. Divide 60 (number of seconds in a minute) with the result of that calculation and you've got your bpm.

I was going to say that. When i can't find the BPM of the sample I do this, or I warp it until it feels good to my ears.

Back