Ableton live 9 questionS

HalfBlacko0000

Good Music
1)In ableton I drag in a drum loop get my warp markers set up usually there is a drastic tempo change so I can tell the difference...but when I right click and slice to new midi track...the audio goes back to the original tempo how do I set it up so when I play my chops back it plays at the master tempo...

2) how do you save warped audio when I right click the audio there is no menu to save a clip.

3) if I drop in audio and the original bum is 127 and I have warp on but the warp is wrong, how can I tell ableton the original source is 127? so I can begin adjusting the tempo as normal and it will stay in sync?

4) sometimes in the browser I'll click a drum loop and no matter if I have raw selected or de selected it will play at original bum not pre warped....everything feels so Random

Not really sure what's the cause of the problem, I've never had that before - but the cause might be that you're slicing it to midi and it might be using original sample. I'm not sure.
Maybe try loading a drum/instrument/sampler rack and manually dragging the warped audio into the racks.
Also if you click "warp" twice it'll automatically change the sample to the master tempo (press warp > press ok to undo markers > then click warp again).

You can save a sample by:
1) Chop/warp your sample and then add it to a new audio track.
2) At this point your chop/warp has the same name/filename as the original, to change save the alterations you made and change the name must freeze then flatten sample.
3) Now you can right click the same the sample and click "Show in browser".
4) This brings the new file up in your Ableton browser under your current session, which erases when you stop this session. So to permanently save it, drag it into a folder that holds some of your other samples.
5) Rename and enjoy!

What does freeze and flatten sample mean? Sorry in logic you just right click and hit save sample and it saves it where ever I want

freeze is the same as rendering the audio including processing to a file that is then used to free up processor load

flatten will replace the frozen track with the audio file created by freezing - not a good idea to do this without having a safety copy if it is midi data or you have a large insert and send fx chains that needs to be retained for future tweaking

see this

Manual 33.2.7

The point of freezing - as opposed to just rendering - is that it keeps the original plugins used "frozen" in the background (but plays back from a static audio file as long as they're frozen), so you can go back to adjusting the settings if needed.

Back