Ableton intro, Komplete elements, and a pad controller

bigl2369

How much would I be able to do with all of that?

Komplete elements seems like it has all the effects and virtual instruments I would need. And ableton will let me make enough tracks with midi and automation that even if I ran out of tracks I could just bounce it and mix it with more tracks.

The pad controller would be for making natural rhythm... rather than just inputing midi and automation on the grid.

If that's what you want to use then go for it :/ been a while since you been here lol.

There's a very long list of pad controllers to choose from, bringing this up because you weren't specific.
There's alotta those, akai roland korg etc. Never tried a quneo so can't judge it myself or the ableton push.
Since you use ableton then you'd prolly wanna check out the push.

I'd probably just get like a cheap one from musicians friend... doesn't matter to me if it has special features just as long as I can input midi and automation with it... and automation is technically midi too right so I guess yeah just input midi

Yep it's all midi, typical communication protocol I believe used to trigger input data or somethin like that.

Control surface + any padmachine'd be ideal but there's some pads with a buncha knobs.
Ren and maschine come to mind immediately.
akai has a pretty good amount of knobs and faders on those things.

Back