9th Wonder’s '10 Track Commandments' for Music Producers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great beat maker. I've been listening to 9th for a while and it's cool to see what some of his guidelines are. I know the next song I make is gonna be a flip of Bob James' 'Nautilus' haha

I agree with all this information and it does put things into a great perspective. Music is supposed to be enjoyed and especially like the rule about not reading the manual. I honestly think you should read the manual and then create new ways of doing something afterwards so will go against the grain. But if you don't know the direction of the grain how could you possibly go against it.

The message i got from it was just basically do you even though he was being comical at the same time lol

some things are for sure not a good idea to do while producing beats, but do rules not decrease your ability to be creative?

good thread of information, but i must say rules are meant to be broken, you can follow these but also go in with an open mind and maybe step out of the comfort zone. you wont get to far following every other producers footsteps.. thats just my opinion..
BEST WAY TO GO ABOUT IS THE WAY THAT IS MOST FUN

From a master to aspiring producers !!! Great . # 5. If you make beats on a computer, don’t have Limeware or something on it. You’ll get viruses and lose everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back