800$ budget laptop upgrade

Ichimuzik

I need the perfect laptop for around 800$. I use FL for my DAW, and I need a laptop that will finally stop giving me cpu issues in fl. I need speed and space as well, but I'm pretty clueless on computers....any suggestions on a REALLY good laptop that will last awhile and give me minimal to no issues when recording vocals and making tracks with excessive plugins and samples. Thank you in advance guys!

Anything with an a4-i3 and above cpu.
An example, intel atom 1.8ghz does 54ms-100ms without an interface.

But 2ghz should be the absolute minimum no matter the cpu. [although most modern cpus can 8-20ms even with being downclocked to 1ghz with an interface]

8gb ram nowadays would be recommended. 4gb is still more than enough for some things however.

whatever you do, do not buy a macbook for music production lol biggest noob mistake. You will only be paying for the Apple logo honestly. From my understanding you need a PC rather than a laptop, the things we do with music production are CPU heavy so I would recommend a PC instead but if you cant get that right now I would say get an Asus laptop or something reliable, with an i3 or i5 intel CPU. if you can afford an i7 go with that. Make sure the laptop has atleast 8 gbs of RAM and if possible a SSD (solid state drive- a hard drive that is faster than your average hard drive) You will most likely need an external Harddrive for storing samples and such, also probably a USB hub for plugging in all your stuff like midi keyboard and harddrive. If you have an audio interface make sure that is directly plugged into your laptop, not the usb hub.

The biggest issue besides all the cpu and speed, is my interface is ran with a firewire....I need a laptop with a firewire port or some way to convert that to usb. Or worse case scenario I'll buy a new interface. I just want a semi perfect set up.. we all know a perfect setup isn't possible as we al have different needs. I just need a reliable laptop with reliable cpu, speed and space that can HOPEFULLY come with a fire wire plug.

p.s. THANK YOU FOR THE HELP IT'S GREATLY APPRECIATED

Back