5 posts before posting links?

Get47

Hey people o/

I was making a post asking a question and provided some youtube links as a reference so people could hear what I mean instead of having to go by a vague description of sound.
But my the time I wanted to preview my post, I was greeted with a message telling me I could not post links until I made 5 posts.
I can understand at least a reason for this. Next to not wanting spam, Future Producers wants a community that gives as well as takes and doesn't just link their own stuff and go bye-bye.

But for the sake of conversation, is this necessary on every forum on Future Producers?

i think it just causes more spam. Might keep robots away though. But every day you see someone trying to get to their 5 with spam. Its not hard to get to 5 posts if someone really wants to post links..and if someone really wants to post a link and thats it, those 5 posts are not going to be quality..only gonna take em 10 minutes to get.

Who knows maybe it keeps more ppl away than I think it does though. Ive never thought of it or cared about it until i read this thread...well i still dont care, but now I'm talking about it haha.

Beautiful examples of the question touched in this thread. I'm gonna start reporting such posts like above.
"Great track bro (**** the fact that i just listened to the intro and i can't even tell what's good/wrong about the structure/technique), now listen to my newest track (because i want as much views as possible)"
Do people really want to receive shit feedback? If not, why do they start this never ending loop?
Sigh. :D

@topic
I think "5 post barrier" is okay. It's not that hard to comment on somebody's work, or just post few opinions in Off-topic threads. Even now I can see spammers that ruin FP reputation, which makes me deeply sad.

Last edited:
@topic
I think "5 post barrier" is okay. It's not that hard to comment on somebody's work, or just post few opinions in Off-topic threads. Even now I can see spammers that ruin FP reputation, which makes me deeply sad.

Exactly. We've experimented with a 20 post barrier (I don't think that's very much either, but you can imagine how much people whined about it if five seems like a lot of work), no barrier (spammers galore), and settled on five. It keeps the most obvious bots/spammers at bay, and it simply isn't very harsh on anyone. As said, if you don't have anything to ask/say before you need to post links (and it's not like you can't get around this - you can just tell people to google for a certain track on Youtube, for example), just go and give some simple feedback/say something nice about other people's contributions.

Even on something-similar-to-FP-but-strictly-for-Polish-music-enthusiasts (xD) forum, there's (only) 50 post barrier to access ShoutBox ;)
Aw yeah, I'd like to see shoutBox on FP.

Back