3 producers who inspired you

This is a tough question. There's different ways a producer can inspire you. Certain producers inspire differently and in defferent areas of your career. I think I'm going to drop three names that essentially made me set a standard to what I wanted to eventually sound like. Top three producers of all time that really, truly inspired me are in this order:

1. Dr. Dre. He shaped the way everybody approached Rap beats during the time I decided to begin making beats.

2. Puff Daddy. For his incredible work ethic and drive, I think everybody overlooks how big of an impact he made in modern mainstream Hip Hop with hit single after hit single.

3. Johnny Juliano. Maybe a little far fetched, but this is a personal favorite I think most of us can't deny. The guy just revolutionized beat making and being an online producer in so many ways. A few others branched off his platform and took it to an entire new level especialy on the business side of things, but by far my most recent and biggest influence.

I think every time I answer a questions like this my response is a little different... currently...

Zavala (of Dark Time Sunshine), Nujabes, RZA

My biggest inspirations musically are often negative ones.. eg 'not sound like... ' I got into music through punk, hardcore and metal and then electronic through jungle, gabber and industrial. I've gotten a lot more laidback obviously, but the subversive, independent attitude that music shares is very much still there.. it's just gotten more sophisticated.

Back