10 Things they don’t tell Music Producers…. til it’s too late

Wish I read this years ago...

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

I Love reading stuff like this especially in the morning it puts you in the right frame of mind for the day

Seriously, this is a really good post and its no wonder its getting positive feedback. The last 4 points were so bang on for me in terms of my journey of learning as a producer its unreal. The last one (10) esp is something I'm only now getting to grips with after 15 years of making noise on my computer. I have always been someone that likes and tries to create from (almost) scratch but has always deliberately tried to stay away from sampling, or trying to 'copy' the sound, style of songs I like whilst still drawing on their influence.

After living the '7' life for a good few years and coming out of it, I have found that the same inspiration I had isn't as readily available as it was and I have had to admit that to still make great music I have to be ready to branch out of the misery and tap in to other sources and 'steal/borrow' from what is out there in order to re-develop my sound into something that is still me, but relevant to the 'new' me and my wider audience, which has also changed from who I was aiming my sound/style at before.

I feel like what I've just written makes no sense :P

Back