10 Things they don’t tell Music Producers…. til it’s too late

You hit in right on the money with some of your points. I enjoyed the article. Looking forward towards more!

Jason thanks for all the great insight. I was curious where I could find the link to the video that you mentioned in 9.

So true and positive. I agree, we all have it in us, but it takes a lot of time and effort to make great music. Creating working habits and constantly making music is a msut. Tools are not the most important, i preach about that all the time. And yeah, you can gain knowledge from tutorials, but you learn the most by doing it by yourself over and over again, repetition is the key.

All of these points are solid. Most of them have hit on point some struggles I've had, I'm definitely keeping this all in mind when I work.

Last edited:
Got a question though.

While the post is great, I still get things twisted a bit. Right now, I can't seem to get myself motivated. Years ago i would pump out tracks, but now I kind of force myself to get creative. The thing is that when I speak with others, they usually say that creativity shouldn't be forced, and that you should only get something done if you really want it. You state right there that no matter what, its important to keep going despite how exhausted you feel. But should you really force yourself? Even though people say that you shouldn't?

Btw its not like I don't love making music or that I doubt myself, its more like the drive is gone. it just isn't the same.

Last edited:
is this your job or your hobby?

if your job then you need to continually work at getting things done no matter how jaded you might feel (an accountant or a gigging musician can't say I don't feel like working with numbers/playing today - it is what they do to make money)

if it is your hobby then take all the time you want

context and impact on your bottom line are the best guide as to how you should currently proceed

it is normal, however, to feel jaded or inconsequential once you reach a certain level of sophistication with your work simply because it was hard work to get to that point and the next level up seems so much harder to achieve remember this

For all beginners who feel frustrated

it still applies as each new level of skill we work on to acquire requires us to begin again

Last edited:
Back